News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Payne

Davedim beat you to it. In the Political Cartoons thread.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Payne

I suppose it is.

Disturbing as it is, EVERYONE should see it.

LMNO

Listening to NPR podcast.  Interviews Phyllis Schlafly:

"The difference between Palin and a democrat, is that a democrat would have had an abortion."

Sweet merciful fuck.

Cain

AFK

Jesus fuck what is going on with the Republicans? 

That One Guy

Desperation.

Their worst nightmare is potentially coming true, in that the Dems' 2 main candidates were a Black guy (oh noes! minority!) and Hillary freaking Clinton (teh Debil!). Add in the fact that the GOP is on the ropes trying to distance itself from the last 8 years of Bush problems, and the desperation move of adding an almost completely unvetted white-trash fantasy girl as the GOP VP candidate (one that directly goes against everything McCain based his primary platform on - experience, eliminating earmarks, etc.), and it's almost comical.

The GOP wins elections when they can hammer on "values", only the problem is that the economy (both global and domestic) is the FAR bigger issue for people this cycle. Historically, Dems tend to win on the economy platform (since they actually offer "fixes" that aren't just comical even if they might not be effective). The GOP, seeing this trend, has pulled out all the stops, from 9/11, to abortion and "family values" shock tactics, to try to scare voters into ignoring the economy in favor of the historical GOP strengths of "morality and values".

I'm curious to see where things stand in the polls in a couple weeks, after the Palin madness has died down a little, the VP debates have happened, and the surprise factor of the GOP hate machine gets some distance from the RNC poll bump. We've still got 2 more months of this insanity to go, and where things stand in a few weeks will be far more telling than the current situation.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

LMNO

From the same NPR bit, with a different bullshit artist:

"I have no doubt that a John McCain presidency will restore the civil liberties the caller is concerned about, once we win the war on terror." (emphasis mine.)

AFK

And that would be President McCain's "definition of "is" is" moment.

How would he define "winning the war on terror".  My guess is that it would be a rather open-ended definition. 

Elder Iptuous

I have been amazed at how well the neocon appologists that i have talked to either ignore or deflect the question of what constitutes 'winning'.  That question is invisible to them.  They often actually get angry at that question if you demand that they define it before continuing conversation, i have found.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jenne

Jon Stewart has been on a quest to motherfucking OWN those GOPfucks at the RNC.  It's been a delight to watch.  The last 3 epis running have been classics, and all the bullshit has been revealed.  Naked emperor is, indeed, very naked.

The suck part is, the talking bobbleheads of the main media only act INDIGNANT (cf: Today Show, CNN) when the RNC talking pointfucks spin it as "descrimation" (same bastards who called down Hillary Clinton on her sexism charge 6 mos ago) against a fine, upstanding working woman who's now a get this--FOLK HERO(????wtf???).

I'm really enjoying watching Jon Stewart rip them new ones every evening.  Tonight promises to be extra-special as well.  Can't wait.