News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

The commentary was fine, but the squabbling WAS a bit much.  Jon Stewart did an excellent montage of it.

the last yatto

Mike Malloy was just on CNN talking about taxing all churches :lulz: (i think he ment it as those who wish to partake in politics but still)
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: YattoDobbs on September 08, 2008, 08:53:19 PM
Mike Malloy was just on CNN talking about taxing all churches :lulz: (i think he ment it as those who wish to partake in politics but still)
Well, yes.  If a preacher explicitly endorses a political candidate from the pulpit (which Palin's pastor came extremely close to doing) then they have forfeited their rights as a non-profit organization.  James Dobson is trying very very hard to get a test case on this sometime later this month.  Fun times!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 08, 2008, 03:27:59 PM
In other news, MSNBC is pulling Olberman and Matthews from Election Coverage:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/08/business/media/08msnbc.html?_r=3&hp=&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

I think this is retaliation for Olberman stating, on air, that MSNBC shouldn't have aired that 9/11 "tribute" video from the RNC.  It seems there is some bad blood brewing between the MSNBC personalities and the NBC (in other words Brokaw and Brian Williams) crew.  Obviously Matthews and Olberman are biased, and Olberman can get a little excited sometimes, but I still think they did a good job when it came to the nuts and bolts of the election.  Ah well.  So it goes.  

I found amusement with this.

Someone is trying (poorly) to troll me in the comments, presumably because they believe Republican pressure had NOTHING to do with this

http://episkoposcain.wordpress.com/2008/09/08/fuck-tha-media/

the last yatto

re: Olberman
I thought it was cause Jones gave him the fist bump while he was trolling the other media at RNC

man i should get this flyer out

if i owned property i might have more to work with but my compound is rented

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

East Coast Hustle

I actually like what you're saying there.

I think it needs to be re-tooled to come off looking more "SRS BSNS" or it risks preaching to the choir, but general premise is good.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Iason Ouabache

What's the difference between Sara Palin and a Muslim Fundamentalist?  Lipstick.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2008/09/09/palin_fundamentalist/
    \

Elder Iptuous

has anybody been able to confirm the book banning thing? I'd love to toss that one around, but i don't want to be forced to say that it's unsubstantiated when i am (understandably) pressed to give citation.....

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Iptuous on September 09, 2008, 04:54:42 AM
has anybody been able to confirm the book banning thing? I'd love to toss that one around, but i don't want to be forced to say that it's unsubstantiated when i am (understandably) pressed to give citation.....

According to Time, she asked the librarian about how to ban books.  The librarian said no chance in hell.  Palin later tried to fire the librarian for not giving her full support.  I don't think that there was ever a list of specific books she wanted to ban, but I could be wrong.
    \

Cain

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on September 09, 2008, 05:26:34 AM
Quote from: Iptuous on September 09, 2008, 04:54:42 AM

According to Time, she asked the librarian about how to ban books.  The librarian said no chance in hell.  Palin later tried to fire the librarian for not giving her full support.  I don't think that there was ever a list of specific books she wanted to ban, but I could be wrong.

Some books have been named.  They were the usual Harry Potter, Catcher in the Rye, Catch 22, Dan Brown etc etc

Honey

Sarah Palin compared to Margaret Thatcher here:

http://www.dailymail.com/Opinion/DonSurber/200809040147

Like that is a good thing?  What will they think up next?
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Cain

Hah yes, I've seen that comparison more than a few times.  Our political right have fallen in love with Palin, mainly because most of them couldn't get laid in a morgue.

Jon Gaunt had an especially sockfucking-esque article which I made fun of here http://episkoposcain.wordpress.com/2008/09/07/i-wonder-if-gaunt-had-to-get-some-tissue-paper-after-writing-this-article/

Elder Iptuous

Yeah, but all the wire articles specifically point out that the librarian is 'wouldn't comment' or is 'not available for comment'.  The librarian may be telling the absolute truth, but other places where ive seen this argument going on, the pro palin side asks for some kind of evidence (a procedural form, more corroborating witnesses, etc.) and the argument gets derailed.

Quote from: Cain on September 09, 2008, 11:10:37 AM
Some books have been named.  They were the usual Harry Potter, Catcher in the Rye, Catch 22, Dan Brown etc etc
Link, please?

Cain

Quote from: Iptuous on September 09, 2008, 01:19:29 PM

Yeah, but all the wire articles specifically point out that the librarian is 'wouldn't comment' or is 'not available for comment'.  The librarian may be telling the absolute truth, but other places where ive seen this argument going on, the pro palin side asks for some kind of evidence (a procedural form, more corroborating witnesses, etc.) and the argument gets derailed.

Link, please?

Snopes apparently disagrees with me

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/bannedbooks.asp

Whoops. I should check my sources more carefully.

Triple Zero

these would get my vote, though.

though i must admit i haven't actually read any of them
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.