News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Conservapedia is owned by the son of Phyllis Schafly. Thats right up there with Richard Mellon Scaife in movement conservativism.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2008, 01:04:47 AM
Conservapedia is owned by the son of Phyllis Schafly. Thats right up there with Richard Mellon Scaife in movement conservativism.
Yeah.. Andy's a special kind of stupid.  For instance, I love the fact that he strongly opposes special and general relativity and complex numbers despite the fact that he has a fucking Electrical Engineering degree!!!  Rational Wiki does a great job of covering all the craziness that goes on on Conservapedia.  I've spent way too much time on both sites lately.  It's starting to eat at my brain.

http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Elder Iptuous

wait, what?
He's opposed to complex numbers?!
what does that mean?!

Vene

Why would conservapedia even have a page on complex numbers and relativity?  Are math and physics now a liberal lie?

The Dark Monk

Evolution never happened, remember?
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Iptuous on November 07, 2008, 01:26:03 AM
wait, what?
He's opposed to complex numbers?!
what does that mean?!
Apparently imaginary numbers are a big part of "liberal deceit":

http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Conservapedia:Conservapedian_mathematics#A_digression_on_complex_numbers

Quote from: Vene on November 07, 2008, 01:26:19 AM
Why would conservapedia even have a page on complex numbers and relativity?  Are math and physics now a liberal lie?
They are trying to get acceptance as a one-stop-shop for homeschoolers so they cover math, physics, history, etc.  It's all very very very hilarious.
    \

Cain

Operation Leper is GO!

http://www.redstate.com/diaries/erick/2008/nov/05/operation-leper/

QuoteRedState is pleased to announce it is engaging in a special project: Operation Leper.

We're tracking down all the people from the McCain campaign now whispering smears against Governor Palin to Carl Cameron and others. Michelle Malkin has the details.

We intend to constantly remind the base about these people, monitor who they are working for, and, when 2012 rolls around, see which candidates hire them. Naturally then, you'll see us go to war against those candidates.

It is our expressed intention to make these few people political lepers.

Rumour has it that Rush Limbaugh has also signed on.  Other well known wingnut bloggers, such as Ace, are also lining up to take part.  Naturally, I support this project too, since it plays an integral role in the ever-increasing circular firing squad that is now forming.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 07, 2008, 01:20:20 AM
Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2008, 01:04:47 AM
Yeah.. Andy's a special kind of stupid.  For instance, I love the fact that he strongly opposes special and general relativity and complex numbers despite the fact that he has a fucking Electrical Engineering degree!!!  Rational Wiki does a great job of covering all the craziness that goes on on Conservapedia.  I've spent way too much time on both sites lately.  It's starting to eat at my brain.

http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Oh, wow! That article made me  :lulz:. What the hell?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2008, 01:55:59 PM
Operation Leper is GO!

http://www.redstate.com/diaries/erick/2008/nov/05/operation-leper/

QuoteRedState is pleased to announce it is engaging in a special project: Operation Leper.

We're tracking down all the people from the McCain campaign now whispering smears against Governor Palin to Carl Cameron and others. Michelle Malkin has the details.

We intend to constantly remind the base about these people, monitor who they are working for, and, when 2012 rolls around, see which candidates hire them. Naturally then, you'll see us go to war against those candidates.

It is our expressed intention to make these few people political lepers.

Rumour has it that Rush Limbaugh has also signed on.  Other well known wingnut bloggers, such as Ace, are also lining up to take part.  Naturally, I support this project too, since it plays an integral role in the ever-increasing circular firing squad that is now forming.
I love the fact that Sarah Palin is destroying the Republican party even after the election is over. This is gonna be an awesome implosion.

\

Cain

Pretending to be a frothing mad Palin supporter on wingnut sites is fun.

DOWN WITH THE (OTHER) SPLITTERS!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

What a brilliant idea... in fact, running a Pro-Palin Blog would be delicious. We could even have ads on the front.

And all of those 'registered' users would be giving us their email addresses...

:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

Running a blog may be an idea....however it sounds like a lot of work.  I am content to merely be that guy in the crowd who stirs the shit and helps direct/articulate the mob mentality.

fomenter

post election wingnuttery will you get the change you wanted?
obama's chief of staff choice pro compulsory government service. (the comments are as interesting as the article including TLDR rant about hitler)

http://www.examiner.com/x-536-Civil-Liberties-Examiner~y2008m11d6-Obamas-chief-of-staff-choice-favors-compulsory-universal-service#comments
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

East Coast Hustle

what's wrong with that?

I think it's ridiculous that there's no mandatory term of civil service in this country.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Germany does something similar (you can choose between a military draft or community service, which is less security orientated and more social cohesion based).

I can see the usefulness in some of what he is proposing.  Training people in some of those drills with improve the resilience of local communities, hopefully leading to a decentralization of other security functions (which is currently the only way current society is not going to end up looking like Somalia by 2050).  It would be hard to do this any other way (you have to deal with employers, academic institutions etc who also make demands on a person's time).  By mandating it as some sort of service, it will likely make such groups less likely to complain about their workers being nicked and instead try to work around the issue.

Of course, it would also help if the Federal government had some money, too.