News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

YOU AND I ARE BUT JUICE pt III

Started by BADGE OF HONOR, June 28, 2008, 10:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

All that said, I would like to make a point that I definitely do advocate more environmentally sustainable methods in our way of life. I do agree with you that us city dwellers are estranged from our food sources, and  that raping our planet is extremely careless and self-destructive. If it were possible to find a way to manage our resources so that none of this would happen, it would be a wonderful achievement.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

BADGE OF HONOR

QuoteWell, to start off with, did you know that one acre of marijuana puts off as much oxygen as ten acres of rain forest?

:spittake:

I don't have the time do to any arguing right now, so I'll just say that I like the way this thread is going.  Good job.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: downspiral on July 02, 2008, 06:50:20 PM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 02, 2008, 06:09:05 PM
Quote from: downspiral on July 02, 2008, 05:52:55 PM
Sad fact of the matter is even if those who wanted to escape civilization did and went out to live in a more simple way, what would happen?

2) Those who stick to their hippie ideals will die out or begin massacring each other when they start starving and realize the real world aint rainbows and sunshine (NO order can be maintained without food)

Are you one of those people who think food comes from the supermarket?  Even a child can maintain a garden, and there are many edible plants growing wild that most people don't know about because they are sadly uninformed.

no... actually your the idiot that thinks he can become the Green Giant and grow enough produce to substain a population base... god forbid there is a drought or famine, or maybe youll raise livestock (which requires quite a lot of room without the use of evil city technology/ and of course the people not subscriping to your stoned out hippie fantasy are just going give up all the space you require, or fuck that the people living next to you, and by the way there aren't too many animals that can be domesticad for that purpose so if you live in the place your totaly fucked)
HEY AND WE CAN CURE PLAGUES AND OUTBREAKS WITH ALL NATURAL REMEDiES AND GOOD VIBES.. MAN
AND EVERYONE WILL GET ALONG... ITLL BE LIKE FLOWERS RIDING A RAINBOW
/
:hippie:

I already pointed out that stupidity
and Ill pose the same solution that I did to that fucker Bhode
you wanna fucking live out in the fucking bush look me up when when i get back to Northern Ontario and Ill take you out there and leave you to your devices Grizzley Adams
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 03, 2008, 12:08:57 AM
QuoteWell, to start off with, did you know that one acre of marijuana puts off as much oxygen as ten acres of rain forest?

:spittake:

I don't have the time do to any arguing right now, so I'll just say that I like the way this thread is going.  Good job.

Yeah.  I support the legalization of hemp, but I'm calling bullshit on this as well.

Plants don't just make oxygen; they decompose carbon dioxide and water into carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.  The carbon and hydrogen (and some of the oxygen) go towards biomass; the rest of the oxygen is respired.  So in order to give off 10x as much oxygen, your marijuana field is going to have to absorb 10x as much water and CO2 as the acre of rainforest.  Leaving aside the irrigation issues of supplying all that water, it also means that your marijuana field is producing ten times as much biomass as the rainforest.  Really?  Maybe an acre of kudzu or bamboo could do that.  Maybe.

And as far as growing food - maybe you haven't noticed in your (I'm assuming) suburban lifestyle, but there's a food shortage right now.  Most of it is in distribution (too much food going to the rich, not enough to the poor) but even with modern agriculture we're barely making it.

Also antibiotics.  I would have died at age 4 without modern medicine, assuming I was even born (C-section.)
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on July 03, 2008, 02:06:50 AM

Also antibiotics.  I would have died at age 4 without modern medicine, assuming I was even born (C-section.)

THATS JUST WHAT "THE MAN" WANTS YOU TO THINK....

IT'LL BE A HIPPIE WONDERLAND I TELL YA
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

Nast

My car is a hybrid:

it runs on gasoline and unicorn farts.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cainad (dec.)

My six-inch-long mutant appendix would have ruptured and killed me if it weren't for modern medicine.

Thurnez Isa

I think everyone of us has a story like that, or someone we care about... or someone who didn't starve, or didn't get hacked to pieces cause we live in countries which has enough food to maintain a kind of orderly existance

but you gotta remember downspiral is going to save the enviroment by growing hemp and solve all the other problems of trying to keep a society alive in the wilderness, away from modern technology by... ahhh... growing hemp I think...

ITLL BE A HIPPIE WONDERLAND I TELL YA

Dante

tyrannosaurus vex

the "Back to Basics" crowd already exists. They are called the Amish, and they are all assholes.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

Quote from: vexati0n on July 03, 2008, 05:13:04 AM
the "Back to Basics" crowd already exists. They are called Anarcho-primitivists, and they are all Rosseau-reading fucktards.

Fixed.

Cain,
thinks you should think before saying things that will bring down the wrath of Amish hackers on this forum.

Adios

OK, why is my troll detector maxed out here?

cheeseball

Are you one of those people who think food comes from the supermarket?  Even a child can maintain a garden, and there are many edible plants growing wild that most people don't know about because they are sadly uninformed.

[/quote]

no... actually your the idiot that thinks he can become the Green Giant and grow enough produce to substain a population base... god forbid there is a drought or famine, or maybe youll raise livestock (which requires quite a lot of room without the use of evil city technology/ and of course the people not subscriping to your stoned out hippie fantasy are just going give up all the space you require, or fuck that the people living next to you, and by the way there aren't too many animals that can be domesticad for that purpose so if you live in the place your totaly fucked)
HEY AND WE CAN CURE PLAGUES AND OUTBREAKS WITH ALL NATURAL REMEDiES AND GOOD VIBES.. MAN
AND EVERYONE WILL GET ALONG... ITLL BE LIKE FLOWERS RIDING A RAINBOW
/
[/quote]

What makes you think that that I would grow food to help maintain a whole population base.  Fact of the matter is I wish most people would croak where they sit.  And for sure for sure, if you came stumbling upon my camp begging for food or water, I'd tell you
"LEARN TO SURVIVE ON YOUR OWN!"
and go back to smoking my joint in peace (and looovvee maaan...) lol

For people claiming to want to or to have already broken out of the box
there are *some of you*
who seem to like to argue for he sake of arguement.
While I agree that there is some wisdom to be found in madness,
I find absolutely no wisdom in your rediculous arguements.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: downspiral on July 03, 2008, 02:51:11 PM

What makes you think that that I would grow food to help maintain a whole population base.  Fact of the matter is I wish most people would croak where they sit.  And for sure for sure, if you came stumbling upon my camp begging for food or water, I'd tell you
"LEARN TO SURVIVE ON YOUR OWN!"
and go back to smoking my joint in peace (and looovvee maaan...) lol

Bhode?
:lulz:

Dante

Thurnez Isa

srlsy you want to leave the "evil" world
get off the fucking internet

Dante

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: downspiral on July 03, 2008, 02:51:11 PM

For people claiming to want to or to have already broken out of the box
there are *some of you*
who seem to like to argue for he sake of arguement.
While I agree that there is some wisdom to be found in madness,
I find absolutely no wisdom in your rediculous arguements.

never claimed that
welcome to PD.com

Dante