HOLY SHIT!BREAKING:MAN TRAVELS BACK IN TIME AND TEARS OFF ADOLPH HITLER'S HEAD!!

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, July 05, 2008, 11:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

I don't know he looks pretty sad in the picture, just imagine hitler sighing over his own visage

actually you know what they should do is give him the pistol he committed suicide with and it could be like the last moments before his death and that would please a lot of people

(by the way, all those people who are all up in arms about him being there need to fuck off.  he's one of the most famous people in history, goddamn it)
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Rumckle

It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Rumckle on July 06, 2008, 07:40:11 AM
Quote from: ten ton mantis on July 06, 2008, 06:33:26 AM
Depends on how they make they second head.

By travelling back in time and ripping Hitler's head off.

YOU JUST WON THE INTERNET AND MADDAM TOUSSADS WAX MUSEUM! CONGRATULATIONS!

LMNO

[nostalgic Badger]

No, no, no... you see, it was a fake Hitler, and someone ripped the head off the fake.  See?  It wasn't real.  It wouldn't make any sense at all the other way. 

[/nostalgicBadger]

saint aini

Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 06, 2008, 06:35:54 AM(by the way, all those people who are all up in arms about him being there need to fuck off.  he's one of the most famous people in history, goddamn it)

yeah because there's absolutely nothing fucked up about enabling neo-nazis to take pictures together with their favourite hero.

that's what wax museums are for, after all.

i don't want to say whether he should be there or not, but things are not as simple and straightforward as you may want them to be, those people need to fuck off .. yeah.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

That One Guy

"Erasing him from history is not going to bring the perished ones back"
Stephen Kramer
Central Council of Jews in Germany

The wax model was specifically chosen to represent a defeated Hitler just before committing suicide in the bunker. They were trying to present a part of German history in a way that didn't glorify it. While this IS a very delicate subject in Germany (understandably so), it IS a part of history, and it does need to be presented in ways that don't glorify while still informing, which is what this exhibit was attempting to do.

There are guards right by there, the dummy is roped off (the guy that ripped off the head overpowered the guards to do so), and other steps were taken to try to prevent anyone from posing with or touching the figure.

Is a wax museum the best place for this? Who knows. It certainly isn't the only place to do it, but it had the approval of the government (necessary due to Germany's laws regarding Nazi imagery) and it seemed like they were trying to be balanced about things.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

AFK

They should replace it with the head of the Burger King.  Why?  Why not?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

trippinprincezz13

Build a new head, but make the wax figure holding a gun, so it depicts him blowing his brains out, with waxy brainy matter spewing everywhere.

An amicable resolution for all?
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Cain

Quote from: That One Guy on July 07, 2008, 06:35:20 PM
"Erasing him from history is not going to bring the perished ones back"
Stephen Kramer
Central Council of Jews in Germany

The wax model was specifically chosen to represent a defeated Hitler just before committing suicide in the bunker. They were trying to present a part of German history in a way that didn't glorify it. While this IS a very delicate subject in Germany (understandably so), it IS a part of history, and it does need to be presented in ways that don't glorify while still informing, which is what this exhibit was attempting to do.

There are guards right by there, the dummy is roped off (the guy that ripped off the head overpowered the guards to do so), and other steps were taken to try to prevent anyone from posing with or touching the figure.

Is a wax museum the best place for this? Who knows. It certainly isn't the only place to do it, but it had the approval of the government (necessary due to Germany's laws regarding Nazi imagery) and it seemed like they were trying to be balanced about things.

In general, it seems that the German government and society are pretty sensible about how they deal with the issues of Nazis, WWII etc.  Its hard to think of an area, especially recently, to fault them.

AFK

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on July 07, 2008, 08:00:45 PM
Build a new head, but make the wax figure holding a gun, so it depicts him blowing his brains out, with waxy brainy matter spewing everywhere.

An amicable resolution for all?

Solution:  For a nominal fee they create a wax figure of the historical figure you hate most.  They leave you alone in a room with said figure for about 15 minutes and you are allowed the blunt instrument of your choice.  So if seeing Hitler really pisses you off that much, at the end of the tour you get the opportunity to smack the hell out of him.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

nostalgicBadger

Quote from: LMNO on July 07, 2008, 01:28:40 PM
[nostalgic Badger]

No, no, no... you see, it was a fake Hitler, and someone ripped the head off the fake.  See?  It wasn't real.  It wouldn't make any sense at all the other way. 

[/nostalgicBadger]

Your consistent failure to recognize irony astounds me.

Edit:
I'm going to go ahead and pre-empt the inevitable "OMG THAT'S NOT IRONY U NOOB" by clarifying:
I'm a post-modernist, therefore the idea of getting worked up over morals, particularly moral events that you weren't even alive for, baffles me. Therefore, a wax Hitler is art, or a historical representation, like a photograph, and nothing more. It's not a symbol of racism or anti-semetism or anything like that. And somebody worked hard on it. Destroying somebody's hard work because you're worked up over a moral event you weren't alive for is an atrocity, at least in my mind. Thinking of somebody who does this as a hero, even more so.
Therefore, acting relieved that somebody pointlessly destroyed a wax sculpture as an alternative to having actually gone back in time and murdered Hitler, which obviously nobody in his right mind could believe anyway (and anybody who thinks that somebody on this forum believes this could only be a moron), is ironic.

Now do me a favor and STFU.
meh.

LMNO

Chairman Risus

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on July 07, 2008, 08:38:54 PM
Quote from: LMNO on July 07, 2008, 01:28:40 PM
[nostalgic Badger]

[/nostalgicBadger]

Your consistent failure to recognize irony astounds me.

Edit:
I'm going to go ahead and pre-empt the inevitable "OMG THAT'S NOT IRONY U NOOB" by clarifying:
I'm a post-modernist, therefore the idea of getting worked up over morals, particularly moral events that you weren't even alive for, baffles me. Therefore, a wax Hitler is art, or a historical representation, like a photograph, and nothing more. It's not a symbol of racism or anti-semetism or anything like that. And somebody worked hard on it. Destroying somebody's hard work because you're worked up over a moral event you weren't alive for is an atrocity, at least in my mind. Thinking of somebody who does this as a hero, even more so.
Therefore, acting relieved that somebody pointlessly destroyed a wax sculpture as an alternative to having actually gone back in time and murdered Hitler, which obviously nobody in his right mind could believe anyway (and anybody who thinks that somebody on this forum believes this could only be a moron), is ironic.

Now do me a favor and STFU.