News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Biblie Busting vs. Darwin Deconstructing

Started by BootyBay, July 06, 2008, 10:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on July 09, 2008, 05:21:54 PM
Creationism and Evolution are equal in that

• Both have 'evidence' that backs up the 'facts'
[/b]
  • Both sides think that the other's evidence is bunk

:cn:

When did Creationist finally get some evidence?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Thurnez Isa

Creationisn and Evolution are equal in that

but evolution is based upon the evidence that its given, and will the evolve with the evidence
creationism is the opposite
its evidence is based on the already asumed theory and could only evolve itself within the boundries of their religious views
so its apples and oranges
like i said before "facts" and "evidence" in creationism don't matter
to them its the idea that is important
even if their own evidence debunk their asumption then the idea remains intact
science doesn't work like that
like i said apples and oranges
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 09, 2008, 05:31:23 PM
Creationism and Evolution are equal in that

[/b]

:cn:

When did Creationist finally get some evidence?

its shit that like the Grande Canyon was created by Noaha's flood
and that some fossiles are found in the same proximidy though they come from different time frames
or some footprints are faded with time so look like human footprints next to dinosaur ones
:lulz:

unfortunately im not joking
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

Iason Ouabache

Ooh.. Don't forget the one about moon dust and bullfrog proteins.   I can't believe that people actually buy that shit.

BTW, Intelligent Design is pure shit too.  It can basically be boiled down to "Everything looks really really complicated.  Therefore, God did it!"
    \

Thurnez Isa

concidering 99 percent of all species went extinct
god really sucks
and why did he put so many fucking species in the first place
like didnt he want to leave us room to move

Dante

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 09, 2008, 05:38:23 PM
Ooh.. Don't forget the one about moon dust and bullfrog proteins.   I can't believe that people actually buy that shit.

BTW, Intelligent Design is pure shit too.  It can basically be boiled down to "Everything looks really really complicated.  Therefore, God did it!"

plus ID and creationist are two different things
ID are trying to sneak religious views through the backdoor trying to make it look more legit
Creationists (who I actually have more respect for since they have more balls) are basically saying science is wrong and should concider the bible itself as "evidence"

Dante

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 09, 2008, 05:40:42 PM
considering 99 percent of all species went extinct
god really sucks
like didn't he want to leave us room to move
As I always say, "God's aim fucking sucks."

Ya know, I keep meaning to do a anti-ID/Discordian rant.  Maybe I'll actually get my shit together and write it later tonight.  I need to learn how to motivate myself better.
    \

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 09, 2008, 05:47:16 PM

plus ID and creationist are two different things
ID are trying to sneak religious views through the backdoor trying to make it look more legit

True. The movement was nothing more than a political Trojan Horse. Most people didn't actually subscribe to the Behe/Dembski version of ID (evolution is mostly true but there are certain points where God stepped in to give it a nudge).  The Creationists just jumped on the bandwagon because they want their religious beliefs taught at all costs. And they are more than willing to lie, cheat, and steal to get it.
    \

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 09, 2008, 05:48:01 PM
god really sucks

Ya know, I keep meaning to do a anti-ID/Discordian rant.  Maybe I'll actually get my shit together and write it later tonight.  I need to learn how to motivate myself better.

here get the juices going
http://www.antievolution.org/features/wedge.pdf

Dante

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 09, 2008, 05:54:34 PM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 09, 2008, 05:48:01 PM
god really sucks

here get the juices going
http://www.antievolution.org/features/wedge.pdf
Ah, yes.  The Wedge Document.  Exhibit A in why Creationists are lying sacks of shit who would destroy all of science if they were given a chance.  I haven't read the whole thing in a few years.  Maybe rereading it will produce just the right amount of bile in my system.
    \

Thurnez Isa

I think everyone should read it

its the shape of things to come

yes i know the discovery institute recanted the wedge doc after its leakage but thats like a lion saying its going on an all fibre diet

Dante

Cramulus

Quote from: LMNO on July 09, 2008, 05:27:37 PM
Creationisn and Evolution are equal in that

Creationists have evidence God created Humans?

duh, it's called the BIBLE

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Any conclusion, seems to me (based on my current experiences), to require faith.

Evolution as a process appears to be a very useful model and we have very interesting fossils and experiments which, when stuck in this model, seem to fit. We also have some things that don't fit (like the platypus). Evolution, in the world of science, appears to be the best scientific model for describing how species change over time.

However, to say EVOLUTION IS TRUE, or Evolution IS how we got here, or Evolution IS proven, requires Faith. It requires faith that the scientists doing the work aren't confused about some fundamental issue. It requires faith that they are correctly interpreting the fossils, experiments and findings. It requires faith that a neurological system designed or evolved for survival on this particular planet, is capable of correctly connecting the dots .. or even correctly perceiving the dots to begin with. It requires FAITH to presume that our five senses are enough to figure out the cosmos.

I often find that when I talk to the people who are actually doing the field work, they have a much less sure view than the professors and students who read textbooks on the subject. In my mind, this seems to fit with the idea that the professors and students may use faith, whereas the person actually doing the work, may be less focused on faith and more focused on exploring the possibility and seeing how some found data might fit the model.

This reminds me of people like "What the bleep do we know?" or people that read RAW and come away thinking that reality doesn't exist unless you're observing it. They have faith in a model, rather than seeing the model as a model. It MAY BE that the Copenhagen interpretation has some relation to reality, but to BELIEVE that such a relation IS TRUE, seems to require faith.

Now, on the flip side, if I were gonna put faith in something, I think rocks and fossils and double-slit experiments are probably less idiotic than the modern interpretations of the ramblings of 40 some odd Jewish guys from 2000+ years ago.

I see no reason to believe either as true. Only to see them as useful or not useful. Christianity, I have not found to be very useful at all. The concept of evolution seems to be somewhat useful, depending on what you do for a living. As for the average person, neither model is of much use, since they probably don't grok either model fully and overall this leads to confusion and a smell of fried onions.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

So basically, y'all are talking about two packs of monkeys, each with dogmatic beliefs; rather than talking to the humans who realize that evolution is a scientific model that may change if given new evidence, and the humans who realize that religion is a series of archetype stories and resonant metaphors.

It's too easy to pit monkeys against monkeys; start writing things for humans to use, kthnxbye.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on July 09, 2008, 07:13:18 PM
So basically, y'all are talking about two packs of monkeys, each with dogmatic beliefs; rather than talking to the humans who realize that evolution is a scientific model that may change if given new evidence, and the humans who realize that religion is a series of archetype stories and resonant metaphors.

It's too easy to pit monkeys against monkeys; start writing things for humans to use, kthnxbye.

*ding*

Give that monkey a banana!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson