News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Biblie Busting vs. Darwin Deconstructing

Started by BootyBay, July 06, 2008, 10:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Requiem on July 10, 2008, 07:33:57 PM
Dawkins is most certainly a religious nutjob, his regular attacks on agnosticism bring this to light fairly well.  I doubt his internal process is much better when it comes to evolution.

*Has a hard time respecting anyone who uses the argument from evil as a basis for Atheism

That's what I've gotten from him as well... Science can tell us a lot about what can be observed (which surely can reduce the number of "God Did It" solutions) but it cannot tell us much about what cannot be observed. Saying "The available evidence indicates strong support for Evolution", seems, to me, a far cry from "God doesn't exist"... One seems to fit LMNO's "Science Faith" and the latter seems closer to "the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  :wink:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 10, 2008, 08:23:44 PM
Quote from: Requiem on July 10, 2008, 07:33:57 PM
Dawkins is most certainly a religious nutjob, his regular attacks on agnosticism bring this to light fairly well.  I doubt his internal process is much better when it comes to evolution.

*Has a hard time respecting anyone who uses the argument from evil as a basis for Atheism

That's what I've gotten from him as well... Science can tell us a lot about what can be observed (which surely can reduce the number of "God Did It" solutions) but it cannot tell us much about what cannot be observed. Saying "The available evidence indicates strong support for Evolution", seems, to me, a far cry from "God doesn't exist"... One seems to fit LMNO's "Science Faith" and the latter seems closer to "the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  :wink:

if everything is going along quite steadily without god
then really what use is he?
other then keeping our stupid little monkey brains from exploded cause of the thought there maybe no justice in the world
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

BootyBay

Quote from: Payne on July 10, 2008, 02:04:07 PM
Quote from: Nigel on July 10, 2008, 10:24:44 AM
I have my own Big Bang theory

No, it has nothing to do with what you're thinking, SHUT UP.

The universe is a big cone, you see, and all of the matter settled in the point. Matter is always trying to achieve an equilibrium, but it can't, for reasons that are complicated, like relationships.

So the matter all settles in the point of the cone, and then it's all too close together and repels everything from itself, so it starts to "expand", ie migrate away from other matter. It expands and expands, and as it expands, the cone flattens, until it can flatten no more, and the matter all freaks out by how far away it all is from the other matter, and starts to contract, on the other plane of the cone. It contracts and contracts and the cone gets conier and conier, until all the matter is too close together in the tip of the cone, and then...

It's basically the same as the doughnut model, but way more fun.

:potd:

I actually laughed my ass off, and have to stand up to type this.

Is this what Hawking would call a "light cone?"
There are two kinds of people in this world.. Winners and losers.. I think we know which kind you are.

BootyBay

Oops lol.  That was what I was thinking. (lol - I'm stoopid today)
There are two kinds of people in this world.. Winners and losers.. I think we know which kind you are.

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

M.K

This thread is made of fucking win. I love you guise.
Die Scheiße ist das Kühlgebläse angeschlagen.