News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Dianetics.org

Started by TheLastLump, July 08, 2008, 04:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLastLump

Seriously, I was just watching Scrubs on Comedy Central, and all of a sudden, an advertisement for scientology popped up. In a commercial. ON T3H IDIOTBOX.

I was unaware that Scientology had its own commercials.

<b speak>
Is it can be troll tiem nao PLZ?!!
</b>

Seriously, unless this site is old news (i.e. Has been around for awhile, but they've just gotten the commercial to increase brain trafficking rates) we need to eat them. EAT THEM WITH FAVA BEANS AND A NICE CIANTE.

www.dianetics.org
"It's a dog-eat-dog world, Jesus, please holla back..." -The Game

doughboy359: Don't be angry cause you're a heretical pagan, we'll still accept you if you convert. Doughboy, on being a Catholic.

wade

hmmmm,  I have just realized that the only way I will get a girlfriend is to be a scientologist.

ugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

Rumckle

Isn't that the job of Anonymous?
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Cainad (dec.)

Huh. According to Dianetics, your entire personality is one long chain of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders.

I was terrorized by a PTSD that hid under my bed when I was little. Therefore my ability to comprehend Dianetics is ruined.

LMNO

LastLump:  The TV ads for Dianetics has been around for at least a few decades.

Cainad: That's pretty much it, yeah.  It posits something called the Reactive Mind, that stores all the highly-charged emotional experiences, and then ties all similar future experiences to that emotion.

For example:  Your dad rapes you while "Afternoon Delight" is played on the radio.  You then live your life in fear of all crappy 70's songs.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: LMNO on July 09, 2008, 04:14:00 PM

Yea, I think I brought this up a few weeks ago, and it was mentioned that they've been on for a while, though mostly during the daytime shows. Which is probably why I never noticed them since I wasn't around watching tv during the day. I have noticed they seem to be popping up more at all times of the day though.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on July 09, 2008, 05:03:06 PM

Yea, I think I brought this up a few weeks ago, and it was mentioned that they've been on for a while, though mostly during the daytime shows. Which is probably why I never noticed them since I wasn't around watching tv during the day. I have noticed they seem to be popping up more at all times of the day though.

ZOMG! Targeting bored, impressionable, somewhat depressed, stay-at-home people, perhaps?

Most definitely.

LMNO

So are the Sally Struthers, the Mormons, and Madison Avenue.

What's your point?

Cainad (dec.)

None, really. It makes me feel intelligent and enlightened to notice these things and then make unnecessary comments about them.

TheLastLump

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on July 09, 2008, 05:03:06 PM

Ah... see, I've watched TV alot, even during the day, but I've missed these commercials somehow. Weirdness.
"It's a dog-eat-dog world, Jesus, please holla back..." -The Game

doughboy359: Don't be angry cause you're a heretical pagan, we'll still accept you if you convert. Doughboy, on being a Catholic.

Chairman Risus

The TV ads for Dianetics has been around for at least a few decades.

The other day is the first time I've actually seen a commercial for dianetics.  Maybe the Scientologists just recently decided to expand their advertising.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I remember them from when I was younger, maybe the scis just took a break.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

I'd guess this is their attempt to come back form the immense money-hemmoraghes caused by the Anonymous Protests. Their recruitment and resources are dwindling, plus they're soon to be banned in several european countries. http://youtube.com/watch?v=eE02JcymqJk

We've hurt them bad, plain and simple.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

LMNO

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on July 10, 2008, 08:16:53 PM
the immense money-hemmoraghes caused by the Anonymous Protests.

:cn::cn::cn::cn::cn:

A first-hand report from my brother (a Scientologist): 

"The general consensus was that they were all pretty silly people."

AFK

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on July 10, 2008, 08:16:53 PM
I'd guess this is their attempt to come back form the immense money-hemmoraghes caused by the Anonymous Protests. Their recruitment and resources are dwindling, plus they're soon to be banned in several european countries. http://youtube.com/watch?v=eE02JcymqJk

We've hurt them bad, plain and simple.

I doubt it.  I've heard more on the news about speculations of Will Smith and his wife Jada being Scientologists then I've heard about the Anonymous protests.  Methinks the former have much more sway then the latter. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.