News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Sometimes, I can't help but wonder...

Started by Cainad (dec.), February 16, 2009, 06:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Tell me when you started thinking and I'll let you know when to stop ;-)

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Cainad on February 16, 2009, 06:15:48 AM
By some common mental fault that has yet to be recognized in the psychiatric community, our diseased minds can't hold on to any one worldview long enough for it to sink in.
Newsfeed?
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Rumckle

Quote from: Cainad on February 16, 2009, 06:15:48 AM
And then, I think about it some more and realize something. Crazy talk or not, Discordia--whatever the hell it is--is the only thing that makes sense to me anymore, and I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing because dwelling on the "what-if"s will kill me faster than I'm ready to deal with.

Hail Eris.

Crazy or not, we're having fun, or at least I am.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Death

Absolute truth is being slowly thrust upon everyone, whether they want it or not.  We never get all of it, or understand a lot of it most of the time, but it's the learning process.  We never stop learning, in everything we do we learn something more, no matter how small or seemingly meaningless it may be.  It's all furthering us towards something bigger, something huge.  We're obviously not there, and nothing tells us that we ever will be, but coming to false conclusions is not what we're here to do or should do.  We are all ignorant, and unknowing, whether we like to accept it and believe it and consider ourselves such or not.   I don't believe that there's a group/religion that has the ultimate truth because religion usually is a stepping stone away from knowing, towards ignorance.  I don't even know if there is anyone on this Earth who knows or not.  But it doesn't really matter either way, because we don't even know what kind of difference it would make.  Even if we find out, we still die.  Whatever happens after we die is the only thing we can hold onto, because most of us aren't doing global things that further total truth awareness.  The best we can do for now is teach the people around us what we know that IS truth, and do our best to be our best, without giving up.
Don't be worrying about snakes in your garden when you've got spiders in the bed.