News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

POSTERGASM: Calvin Ball Edition

Started by Cramulus, July 17, 2008, 03:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voodoo

This is a designated Pants Free Zone.  Please remove your pants and give them to the nearest law enforcement official.

Tempest Virago

Quote from: Cramulus on September 02, 2008, 02:04:08 PM
Yeah, to some extent I agree - I've put up two or three complete rounds of Calvinball, and I think the Discordian Shtick is a bit much in places. Effort depending, I may tone it down a bit in the next PDF.

Let me remind people that it's still not too late to submit stuff for Calvinball - the last PDF I released was a draft, the final version will be coming when I can be arsed to do it.

Glad you had fun putting 'em up!

I ended up not putting them up, because I decided it would be lame to do it in my neighborhood. I'm waiting until I go downtown tomorrow, where there's more people and more people who would be susceptible to this sort of thing. (I guess I could go today, but I'm already meeting a friend there tomorrow, so I think I'll stick with that.)

Telarus

Cram, those are excellent. There's a big postering/flyering push the week before EsoZone. I think I'll participate if possible, and throw up some posterGasm materials next to the wicked green illuminati pyramid Danny designed.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cainad (dec.)

As much as I love the Calvinball collection, when a friend and I put them up around campus they lasted less than 12 hours, except for the Homeland Security posters :?

Voodoo

we need to do some HLS posters that have a " do not remove this poster" message and see how long they stay up

Cainad (dec.)

I plan to cheat using my forged "APPROVED" stickers.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Rev. Voodoo on October 07, 2008, 03:48:02 PM
we need to do some HLS posters that have a " do not remove this poster" message and see how long they stay up

Sooner or later I'm going to put together a poster that says "Exercise Your Freedom of Speech!  Reclaim Public Space!  Tear Down This Poster!"
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cramulus

Quote from: GA on October 07, 2008, 05:12:24 PM
Quote from: Rev. Voodoo on October 07, 2008, 03:48:02 PM

Sooner or later I'm going to put together a poster that says "Exercise Your Freedom of Speech!  Reclaim Public Space!  Tear Down This Poster!"

How about

"Tear down this poster!" on one side
and "And keep it!" printed on the other

maybe a zen koan or some garbage on the back

Interestingly enough, this variant of postergasm was what got me onto the idea in a big way. I have a set of posters I'm planning on putting up around campus just before (the morning of, if I can time it right) enrollment*, hopefully in all the thoroughfares where all the first-years are processed so the posters get a lot of attention. Some inspired by cram's, some my own invention. I was originally just having an email account and url on each poster, so interested people could read about postergasm, but turning it into its own little site with scoring could be interesting.

I'll process and upload mine in the morning for perusal/criticism, as right now they're in not-so-easy-to-view .pages form.

ETA: Here you go - http://rapidshare.com/files/179501475/posters.pdf. As I mentioned, some of these have been shamelessly copied from other folks.

--
* Hailing from the antipodes here, so our academic year is only just about to start.

Pariah

Quote from: Fomenter on July 18, 2008, 10:56:22 PM

I got to put this in front of my high school. Maybe some damn whorish teenagers finally get rid of them
Probably not
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Quote from: The Pariah on January 04, 2009, 10:53:04 PM
I got to put this in front of my high school.

Aww, my school seems pretty strict compared to yours. My first (and last) PosterGASM in my school was last year, when I posted one of the meme-bomb posters on the student leaders' notice board. then a bunch of them saw it and told one of the teachers, who checked the security cameras and found out it was me. I got sentenced to one hour of floor-mopping. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have put it on the board of the student leaders, but at least I learned my school has security cameras (they looked kind of like smoke detectors, so I though that was what they were.)

on-topic: I also like triple zero's card idea. cards seem like they can be as effective as posters, and they're a lot more discreet. The website idea is great too, because I think people tend to think more when they're interacting with something than when they're just reading

Cramulus

You got an hour of floor-mopping for putting up a meme bomb poster?? that's fucking ridiculous... where exactly is the "acceptable" spot for self-expression within the halls of bureaucracy?

nice username btw - and welcome to PD!

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cramulus on February 15, 2009, 07:20:39 PM
You got an hour of floor-mopping for putting up a meme bomb poster?? that's fucking ridiculous... where exactly is the "acceptable" spot for self-expression within the halls of bureaucracy?

nice username btw - and welcome to PD!

At my college, nowhere. There are maybe two dozen bulletin boards across the whole campus, and you have to get your shit approved in order to put it up. So there's no self-expression; all the legitimate stuff is flyers and advertisements.

The woman in charge of the "APPROVED" stamp was pretty damn pissed when someone put up unauthorized flyers with a forged version of the stamp. :lulz: