News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Life/Death/Life

Started by Iason Ouabache, July 20, 2008, 08:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

Personally, I've had it up to here with vegetarians.  They act so high-and-mighty with their whiny "but I don't want to hurt a cute wittle animal" bullshit.  Guess what?  In order for you to live, something else must die.  To get meat, we must kill other animals.  To get many of our vegetables, the plant must die.  Hell, we even have to kill yeast just to make our beer.  Everyday, millions of bacteria cells must die so that you can go on living. You probably even step on a dozen insects a day without even realizing it. Life is a constant struggle.  Kill or be killed. Fuck anyone who gets in our way.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cainad (dec.)

NOOOOO! It's so cute!

But seriously, not bad. I'd say something could change, but I can't put my finger on exactly what.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I dunno. I guess I rarely encounter preachy vegetarians... in fact I can't think of a single one since I was maybe 22.

I am an avid devourer of meat, but I oppose factory farming because it's cruel (as well as unhealthy) so on some levels that makes me no different from the people you're railing against.

I tend to suspect that meat eaters who have a problem with vegetarians feel some sort of guilt over their dietary choices, and that's why it's such an issue for them. The rest of us, I think, don't actually care.

Yes, in order for us to live, other things have to die. The collateral damage for vegetarians is probably greater than most people will believe or admit. However, meat eater or not, I believe that we have some input in the extent of our damage... and I can't abide the "fuck 'em" attitude.

I think I get the gist of what you're trying to say here, about the willful blindness of hippie-dippie people who think that because they don't eat meat and are wearing hemp shoes, that somehow makes their footprint smaller and their value greater. However, those people are but one extreme end, and at the other end lies the obese SUV-driving MacDonald's-snacking Wal-Mart shopper of the Midwest, with their bloat and their wanton consumer gluttony and their "support our troops" magnet in the shape of a ribbon.

We have choices.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

vegetarians=mostly harmless.  Vegans on the other hand are not only more likely to be smug, superiority complex suffering evangelical preachers of there lifestyle, they are pushing a "choice" that has far more in common with a eating disorder than it does with health. If your hair is falling out you  have  a chronic cold and your eyes are glazed don't bother telling me how healthy your choice is, the effects of malnutrition give lie to your words .

(one steak eaters opinion)
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Bu🤠ns

(one steak eaters opinion)
[/quote]

i read that as onion steak eating option

so now i want a nice big juicy steak...with carmelized onions and mushrooms.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Come on, though. How many vegans have you actually encountered who insist on telling you about it when you haven't ASKED them? I have seen so many interactions where meat eaters ask vegans/veggies about their dietary choices, and then get all annoyed because the vegan is being "preachy".

JUST DON'T FUCKING BRING IT UP.

Problem solved.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

i actually worked as a cook in a vegetarian restaurant for some time. The vegans would start harassing the staff about every ingredient in every dish (in a most obnoxious i am superior to you because i eat "this" way)from the moment there foot came though the door, then proceed to complain about the "cooked specially for them" dishes they got. I generally don't start discussions with the mentally ill on the topic of there illness (talking to the street guy with voices in his head about the CIA is a good way to get your ear bitten off)

"big juicy steak...with caramelized onions and mushrooms". you just made my dinner plans for me
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Kai

The Agent also does not discriminate
on basis of form.
Plants, Animals, fungi, protists, and bacteria;
They are all living.

None is more alive than the other.
None has less value than the other.
None is less a part of the Process of Sustaining.

Thus, the Agent of that which sustains
takes what one needs to sustain,
whether it be plant, animal, fungus, protist, or bacteria;
he does not discriminate on basis of form.

-The Process of Sustaining

Its disrespectful any other way.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on July 20, 2008, 04:51:56 PM
Come on, though. How many vegans have you actually encountered who insist on telling you about it when you haven't ASKED them?

More than a few, I'm afraid.

Down here, it's a fucking RELIGION.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Littlest Ubermensch

Not all vegetarians are bad. I stand as an example of that. Admittedly, it's only because I don't really like meat aside from fish. And the idea that what I'm eating might be intelligent enough to have a consciousness doesn't sit well with me, so I just avoid it by not bothering. Pork is the only normal meat I avoid on principle though, because pigs seem smart enough to have at least a rudimentary understanding of themselves, so killing and eating them seems more like actually snuffing out a personality. Cows and chickens, on the other hand, seem too dumb to have any concept of themselves beyond a basic "don't die" instinct. I don't really claim it's rational, but it is my perception.

And the whole "Life is a constant struggle.  Kill or be killed. Fuck anyone who gets in our way." mantra is a really, really bad idea to act on. It tends to not work out very well for anyone.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Nast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 21, 2008, 12:26:04 AM
Quote from: Nigel on July 20, 2008, 04:51:56 PM
Come on, though. How many vegans have you actually encountered who insist on telling you about it when you haven't ASKED them?

More than a few, I'm afraid.

Down here, it's a fucking RELIGION.

Here in California we have raw foodists.
Those people don't make any sense to me.

Not only from a culinary standpoint does the whole thing sound bland and boring, but it also confounds me as to why one would be opposed to actually cooking your fucking food before eating it. For the sake of "preserving nutrients"? Bah!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

Quote from: The Littlest Ubermensch on July 21, 2008, 03:48:22 AM
Not all vegetarians are bad. I stand as an example of that. Admittedly, it's only because I don't really like meat aside from fish. And the idea that what I'm eating might be intelligent enough to have a consciousness doesn't sit well with me, so I just avoid it by not bothering. Pork is the only normal meat I avoid on principle though, because pigs seem smart enough to have at least a rudimentary understanding of themselves, so killing and eating them seems more like actually snuffing out a personality. Cows and chickens, on the other hand, seem too dumb to have any concept of themselves beyond a basic "don't die" instinct. I don't really claim it's rational, but it is my perception.

And the whole "Life is a constant struggle.  Kill or be killed. Fuck anyone who gets in our way." mantra is a really, really bad idea to act on. It tends to not work out very well for anyone.

My brother is like that. He's not vegetarian, but he doesn't like eating pigs because he feels bad for them.

I don't eat meat very often, so people frequently assume that I'm vegetarian. I'm not really ethically disinclined to it, though.

I actually think that its interesting how limited most peoples diets are. Americans are very squeamish about organ meats, a lot of sea animals, plants, and insects. How wasteful! There are plenty of foods in the world that are more interesting that this corn, wheat, and soybean thing that we've got going.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OK, once again I am going to have to concede that my area may be the exception, rather than the rule, when it comes to people's attitudes.

My feeling is, if someone comments negatively on the food you're eating, it's completely called-for to punch them in the mouth.

That said... breatharians, anyone? http://www.breatharian.info/

Nast

But those people starving in Africa don't have to starve.
They can live off the very sun that relentlessly beats down on them!

fomenter

breatharian
"The pineal gland is claimed to have a crucial role in this process. This hypothesis is confirmed by research undergone on some  people, where CAT scanning shows a significant enlargement of this gland. The pineal gland manages (like a central processing unit) the mechanism of direct energy exchange between the organism cell and the surroundings (it actually occurs at a sub-atom level)."

For the next noob who is overly pinal stop breathing

hmroogp