Main Menu

Accidental curry

Started by Richter, July 21, 2008, 03:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

You obviously have never been maced.

Richter

Quote from: LMNO on July 22, 2008, 03:16:06 PM
Protip:  If you "accidentally" put the cayenne in with the seeds on the stove, you will essentially be creating free-flowing mace throughout your kitchen.

Good to know if you're ever at a boring party.

Or toaster, coffee machine hotplate, microwave......
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Quote from: Richter on July 22, 2008, 06:03:13 PM
Protip:  If you "accidentally" put the cayenne in with the seeds on the stove, you will essentially be creating free-flowing mace throughout your kitchen.

Incence brazier, altar candle, ceremonial bonfire...

Richter

Quote from: LMNO on July 22, 2008, 06:09:38 PM
Quote from: Richter on July 22, 2008, 06:03:13 PM

Incence brazier, altar candle, ceremonial bonfire...

Stovetop range, oven, ashtray, dryer...
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

AFK

curling iron, sandwhich maker, Richard Simmons...
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nast

I'm sure you can make a paste by first toasting the chiles then simmer them down to make a fiery paste.
Remember when that Thai restaurant in London caused a terrorism scare by doing that?  :wink:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

BADGE OF HONOR

As a child, I used to live in the bedroom at the top of the stairs, and I could always tell when my dad was cooking something spicy.  The word "fumigation" comes to mind, for some reason.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

LMNO

Quote from: Nasturtiums on July 22, 2008, 07:29:33 PM
I'm sure you can make a paste by first toasting the chiles then simmer them down to make a fiery paste.
Remember when that Thai restaurant in London caused a terrorism scare by doing that?  :wink:

Yup.

Although the word "simmer" implies a liquid of some form.  What did you have in mind?

Triple Zero

i say maybe lose the soy sauce (what kind of was it btw?), add some yoghurt and/or coconut cream.

peanutbutter also YES.

maybe some dark syrup

also YES on cumin (but not too much)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Richter

I like the soy to give it a little savor and salt.  I use Kikkoman brand, if that's any you're familiar with.

What exactly do you mean by "Dark syrup",  it's not an ingredient I'm aware of.

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Richter

I'll give that a try next week  :D  (because it will be that long before I'm ast my own place for dinner time)

Option B:  Wuss out, buy a bottle of "Trader Joe's" curry sauce.  Cook and enjoy.

AFK

Curry was the secret ingredient to Sunday night's Iron Chef America.  It featured the Japanese guy, Morimoto AND he made curry icecream and curry waffles.  Looked pretty good actually. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

But curry is a blend... there are many, many different kinds.

So, the secret ingredient was a concept?

Very meta.