News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

what is the name of the 10th planet?

Started by nodaystowaste, March 20, 2004, 06:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plaidikins

Sorry to be completely off-topic, but, EvilPoet, is that a Jamie Hewlett drawing in your avatar? It sure looks like Hewlett...

Horab Fibslager

well i was thinking mroe abotu the 2012 as a doomsday thing. terrence meckenna's timewave zero equation "theory" apparently says that all creative forces on arth will cease soemtime in 2012(apparently the same date given by the mayan calendar)
Hell is other people.

EvilPoet

Quote from: PlaidikinsSorry to be completely off-topic, but, EvilPoet, is that a Jamie Hewlett drawing in your avatar? It sure looks like Hewlett...
I'm not familiar with Jamie Hewlett's art so I have no idea.
I found the avatar here - it doesn't say who the artist is.

Anonymous

the date for the end of the mayan calender is 12/21-23/2012

nodaystowaste

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"

Guido Finucci

However, there is some debate about where the Georgian and Mayan Calendars actually correlate so the real answer is that it is sometime between 2012 and 2018 and each authority with an opinon on the subject can narrow it down quite a lot more than that but not too many of them agree. Most of the guesses fall in December of 2012 or 2013 if memory serves.

Horab Fibslager

so who wants to get together for an end of the kali yuga party?
Hell is other people.

Bella

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

cyberus

I'm down. . .We should rob a bank, and rent out a really fancy hotel with the money, and send some to everyone to pay airfare and all that :twisted:
The bun-sellers or cake-makers were in nothing inclinable to their request; but,which was worse,did injure them most outrageously,called them prattling gabblers,lickorous gluttons,freckled bittors,mangy rascals,shite-a-bed scoundrels,drunken roysters,sly knaves,drowsy loiterers,slapsauce fellows,slabberdegullion druggels,lubberly louts,cozening foxes,ruffian rogues,paltry customers,sycophant-varlets,drawlatch hoydens,flouting milksops,jeering companions,staring clowns,forlorn snakes,ninny lobcocks,scurvy sneaksbies,fondling fops,base loons,saucy coxcombs,idle lusks,scoffing braggarts,noddy meacocks,blockish grutnols,doddipol-joltheads,jobbernol goosecaps,foolish loggerheads,flutch calf-lollies,grouthead gnat-snappers,lob-dotterels,gaping changelings,codshead loobies,woodcock slangams,ninny-hammer flycatchers,noddypeak simpletons,turdy gut,shitten shepherds,and other suchlike defamatory epithets; saying further,that it was not for them to eat of these dainty cakes...

Plaidikins

Quote from: EvilPoet
Quote from: PlaidikinsSorry to be completely off-topic, but, EvilPoet, is that a Jamie Hewlett drawing in your avatar? It sure looks like Hewlett...
I'm not familiar with Jamie Hewlett's art so I have no idea.
I found the avatar here - it doesn't say who the artist is.

Okay, after surprisingly little searching around, I found out that, yes, it is Hewlett. It also happens to be a drawing of Death, from the legendary Sandman comics by Neil Gaiman.

Anyway, Hewlett is the creator of a cult british feminist comic about a very wierd girl called Tank Girl. I haven't gotten to read the comics myself, but I adore the movie. All Discordians should watch that movie. Just because. If only to see the kangaroo-men.

Link to a site about Tank Girl, where I also found the picture

http://www.twisted.org.uk/tg/

EvilPoet

Quote from: PlaidikinsLink to a site about Tank Girl, where I also found the picture

http://www.twisted.org.uk/tg/
I also loved the movie Tank Girl. Cool link, thanks! :D

I'm suprised I didnt notice that Death was EvilPoets' avatar.
I guess I never even bothered to look at it (sorry).

fullmooner

I always was beholden that the 10th planet was Arcadia.

The 10th planet is arcadia, the 11th is Erebus, the 12th is Valhalla, and the 13th is New Jersey