News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

what is the name of the 10th planet?

Started by nodaystowaste, March 20, 2004, 06:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

Quote from: Zombie¬?
Quote from: cyberusOn a similar note, has anyone ever heard of the Planet X Theory?  I remember reading something about it about a year ago, and how it's dead set to smash into earth in like 2012 or something. . .

How nice, wormwood is scheduled to show up right around the end of the mayan calender. Good to know, the end of Kali Yuga seems kind of boring so far.

Its probably bullshit, but we'll find out.

Kali Yuga started in the 11th century and is set to go for 40,000 years...

I think 2012 is being a little premature.

Besides... I keep a little list in my head of all the millenium prophecies that don't come to pass...

Millenium bug
Nuclear submarine explosion in mediterranean circa 1999 (murmansk is more likely.)
Black dwarf causing massive tidal effects on earth.
Red meteors raining from the sky circa sept 2003 caused by black dwarf pulling them in from oort cloud
Pole shift at planetary alignment
Pole shift 5/5/2000
Pole shift at planetary alignment when earth is on opposite side of sun to 7 other planets.
Viral outbreak that kills millions Circa 1999
Tidal wave hits east coast of australia during sydney olympics
Massive earthquake in California causing LA to sink
End of the world failing to occur in 1000 AD
Satan failing to turn up in 666 or 1666
Comets and their consistent failure to hit earth (although that's not to say this isn't plausible but I doubt they set their watches by our calendar)
Anything else I missed? Apart from the whacked out ones like heaven's gate, harmonic convergences, atlantis, not changing over to the mayan calendar, the raelians and such?

EDIT:

OOOH... HOW COULD I FORGET?!?!?!

Tyler and Cthulhu devouring the entire world. Get yer bibs folks them's good eatin'!
:lol:

Once again, that is why I remain skeptical.
But hope still lives, deep in my heart, that our population might get drastically reduced by some global disaster before we can use up all of our natural resources. While this might seem cruel, it is cruel only to the short sighted, any drastic reduction of population could only serve to lengthen the life-span of the human race at this point. None the less, I could never willingly bring this to pass, only chaos or our natural short sighted stupidity would bring it about.

Kali Yuga started in the 11th century?
Man, my math is off.
None the less, I could see that making sense.

Trollax

Quote from: Zombie¬?Once again, that is why I remain skeptical.
But hope still lives, deep in my heart, that our population might get drastically reduced by some global disaster before we can use up all of our natural resources. While this might seem cruel, it is cruel only to the short sighted, any drastic reduction of population could only serve to lengthen the life-span of the human race at this point.

Well if there was a more consistent effort to colonise rtather than militarise space at this point we might have some breathing room... Although I agree with Kim Robinson on the idea that all the colonies would end up corporate states and we'd end up having to protect the workers from their own companies.

Quote from: Joinee St. Trollax, ODD
But hope still lives, deep in my heart, that our population might get drastically reduced by some global disaster before we can use up all of our natural resources. While this might seem cruel, it is cruel only to the short sighted, any drastic reduction of population could only serve to lengthen the life-span of the human race at this point.

Well if there was a more consistent effort to colonise rtather than militarise space at this point we might have some breathing room... Although I agree with Kim Robinson on the idea that all the colonies would end up corporate states and we'd end up having to protect the workers from their own companies.

Due to the vast amount of resources and time involved in colonizing space (being that it takes many years to get anywhere at all), I assure you that colonies would start as corporate states, but theyd' have their independence before anybody knew what was going on. Thats part of the reason america has its independence (if it was easy for the british to mobilize their forces across the atlantic, theyd me much more of an empire, but lag time kills.)

The problem is that we are short sighted, America has the resources to terraform mars within fifty years, but we arent doing it. Why? We spend too much money on high tech military gadgets and we neglect our space program.

Trollax

Quote from: Zombie¬?
Quote from: Joinee St. Trollax, ODD

Due to the vast amount of resources and time involved in colonizing space (being that it takes many years to get anywhere at all), I assure you that colonies would start as corporate states, but theyd' have their independence before anybody knew what was going on. Thats part of the reason america has its independence (if it was easy for the british to mobilize their forces across the atlantic, theyd me much more of an empire, but lag time kills.)

The problem is that we are short sighted, America has the resources to terraform mars within fifty years, but we arent doing it. Why? We spend too much money on high tech military gadgets and we neglect our space program.

Let's not forget that old stephen baxter quote:
"NASA is designed to keep people out of space."

fullmooner

I was to understand, the planet x that you refer to is not going to crash into earth, it will meld and combine, creating and destroying along the way. Mars USED to have life on it, it was destroyed with earth was created. In 2012 is due for Arcadia to pass back over, consuming us and creating another in its place. Perpetual motion of centrifugal forces.....yada yada. Anyways, the Myan calandar is one of the main indicators of the 2012 theory, as was the coming of Jesus actually. I personally think he came from Arcadia to see if we were ready with our imaginations vs technology. We are not yet, and time is running out people!!!

Trollax

Quote from: fullmoonerI was to understand, the planet x that you refer to is not going to crash into earth, it will meld and combine, creating and destroying along the way. Mars USED to have life on it, it was destroyed with earth was created. In 2012 is due for Arcadia to pass back over, consuming us and creating another in its place. Perpetual motion of centrifugal forces.....yada yada. Anyways, the Myan calandar is one of the main indicators of the 2012 theory, as was the coming of Jesus actually. I personally think he came from Arcadia to see if we were ready with our imaginations vs technology. We are not yet, and time is running out people!!!

*Grabs tin pot helmet*

No wait... This is a chamber pot... Damn...

fullmooner

Wet hair.....and that strange yellow liquid......must be an omen....

Trollax

But seriously for a moment... after many years of worrying about apocalypse and earth changes, seeing and hearing signs that never come to pass I have actively spent time tearing into everything from biblical armageddon to a cascade of transcendent consciousness caused by singing angels and the return of christ consciousness. What are we going to believe next? We're so unhappy with our world and the way we live our lives that we look to all these various things to take away the unworthy and leave only the people we like on the earth. It doesn't work like that. If you want change you've got to take charge of the future yourself. In all the things I've been told about myself, all the things I've learned I have never once heard the words "prophecy" and "destiny." It's all a choice in the end.

fullmooner

I Do know this much......supposedly there is a seven pointed star in Arcadia that reflects our sun. When the star is completely brightened out by the reflection, our time for playing catch up has come and we are left to join arcadia with the dreams and nightmares we currently have. I just hope my antidepressants were working the night before.......Oh-oh

Trollax

Quote from: fullmoonerI Do know this much......supposedly there is a seven pointed star in Arcadia that reflects our sun. When the star is completely brightened out by the reflection, our time for playing catch up has come and we are left to join arcadia with the dreams and nightmares we currently have. I just hope my antidepressants were working the night before.......Oh-oh

well don't let me interrupt your festivities... I'll go on doing what I do; not worrying about aliens, rogue planets that manage not to freeze up, and the end of the world according to a calendar that has miraculously managed to outlive a society, the majority of the written language of... we can't translate.

Horab Fibslager

is till say it's agreat excuse for a party. what say you?
Hell is other people.

Bella

I say count me in on any party plans, k?
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

fullmooner

We can cook all the discordian recipes and have a great supper at least.....a last supper? uh oh.....

Trollax

Quote from: fullmoonerWe can cook all the discordian recipes and have a great supper at least.....a last supper? uh oh.....

Well if it is a last supper I'm going to agree with Michelle laurie on this:

My last meal... Get a truck... fill it with food... then deep fry the truck... and BACK IT IN! Then when that's done you'd better have another truck ready.