News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

what is the name of the 10th planet?

Started by nodaystowaste, March 20, 2004, 06:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullmooner

Which truck do you suppose is the tastiest?

Anyways, about what I heard of Arcadia....it is a planet develed of all imaginations and technologies...all dreams and sciences, facts and fantasies. Delusions are us, but some of us made our delusions real and our sweetest dreams are livable. If there IS a place as advanced as that psychologically that is waiting for us to catch up to it, then are we anywhere ready? I suppose we are getting close.....hell, tv will prove that. But inside,  are our ways of dealing with our madnesses [be them strokes of genius or just insanity at its finest] within close enough range by 2012?

Trollax

Quote from: fullmoonerWhich truck do you suppose is the tastiest?

Anyways, about what I heard of Arcadia....it is a planet develed of all imaginations and technologies...all dreams and sciences, facts and fantasies. Delusions are us, but some of us made our delusions real and our sweetest dreams are livable. If there IS a place as advanced as that psychologically that is waiting for us to catch up to it, then are we anywhere ready? I suppose we are getting close.....hell, tv will prove that. But inside,  are our ways of dealing with our madnesses [be them strokes of genius or just insanity at its finest] within close enough range by 2012?

I don't believe that a world without imagination or dreams or science is psychologically advanced. Did you ever watch Equilibrium? It's swinging to the opposite end of the scale, and it totally crushes everyone, at least it does so equally. If we're truly going to have any chance of surviving we have to live with each other, and also for each other. Breaking the wheel of Samsara...

fullmooner

I am not saying that arcadia is without those things, I think it is the compliation of everything....kinda like the Christian belief in God and stuff.......it is everything ever thought of....made mostly of imagination and science...basically, its a good idea/bad idea.....an idea most of all. And it is what we do with those ideas that deturmine if Arcadia truly comes for us or not.

Trollax

Quote from: fullmoonerI am not saying that arcadia is without those things, I think it is the compliation of everything....kinda like the Christian belief in God and stuff.......it is everything ever thought of....made mostly of imagination and science...basically, its a good idea/bad idea.....an idea most of all. And it is what we do with those ideas that deturmine if Arcadia truly comes for us or not.
Well I don't think worrying about the end of the mayan calendar and the separation of the holy from the unholy is the way to go about it... not the least of which reasons being I'd end up in the same boat as Kevin Bacon.

fullmooner

That time is drawing closer.....as 2012 approaches. That is rather my quiery......I dont know if I am ready to live in a universe where my nightmares of that damned grey house with the changing rooms will be real. Or the mathematics taken to build a universe is ready for the minimal imaginations we are working with currently.

Horab Fibslager

i dunno what will happen,but i severely doubt it has anythign to do with what anyone has written in the last well lets say 100 years. maybe the mayans had something on it, but beyond that, i wouldn't trust any new age apocalyptic bullshitter to predict the next time i need to hit the can, let aloen the end of the world.

ona side note, here's a strangel relevant quote to this hwol end of the world thread

QuoteSome say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will. I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit three ring circus sideshow of Freaks here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA The only way to fix it is to flush it all away. Any fucking time. Any fucking day. Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay. Fret for your figure and Fret for your latte and Fret for your hairpiece and Fret for your lawsuit and Fret for your prozac and Fret for your pilot and Fret for your contract and Fret for your car. It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA The only way to fix it is to flush it all away. Any fucking time. Any fucking day. Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay. Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will cuz I sure could use a vacation from this Silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim. Mom's gonna fix it all soon. Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be. Learn to swim. Fuck L Ron Hubbard and Fuck all his clones. Fuck all those gun-toting Hip gangster wannabes. Learn to swim. Fuck retro anything. Fuck your tattoos. Fuck all you junkies and Fuck your short memory. Learn to swim. Fuck smiley glad-hands With hidden agendas. Fuck these dysfunctional, Insecure actresses. Learn to swim. Cuz I'm praying for rain and I'm praying for tidal waves I wanna see the ground give way. I wanna watch it all go down. Mom please flush it all away. I wanna watch it go right in and down. I wanna watch it go right in. Watch you flush it all away. Time to bring it down again. Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.
Hell is other people.

Trollax

Quote from: horabi dunno what will happen,but i severely doubt it has anythign to do with what anyone has written in the last well lets say 100 years. maybe the mayans had something on it, but beyond that, i wouldn't trust any new age apocalyptic bullshitter to predict the next time i need to hit the can, let aloen the end of the world.

ona side note, here's a strangel relevant quote to this hwol end of the world thread

QuoteSome say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will. I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit three ring circus sideshow of Freaks here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA The only way to fix it is to flush it all away. Any fucking time. Any fucking day. Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay. Fret for your figure and Fret for your latte and Fret for your hairpiece and Fret for your lawsuit and Fret for your prozac and Fret for your pilot and Fret for your contract and Fret for your car. It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA The only way to fix it is to flush it all away. Any fucking time. Any fucking day. Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay. Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will cuz I sure could use a vacation from this Silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim. Mom's gonna fix it all soon. Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be. Learn to swim. Fuck L Ron Hubbard and Fuck all his clones. Fuck all those gun-toting Hip gangster wannabes. Learn to swim. Fuck retro anything. Fuck your tattoos. Fuck all you junkies and Fuck your short memory. Learn to swim. Fuck smiley glad-hands With hidden agendas. Fuck these dysfunctional, Insecure actresses. Learn to swim. Cuz I'm praying for rain and I'm praying for tidal waves I wanna see the ground give way. I wanna watch it all go down. Mom please flush it all away. I wanna watch it go right in and down. I wanna watch it go right in. Watch you flush it all away. Time to bring it down again. Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

W00000T!
*starts swimming*

fullmooner

So do you mean to say you never worry about that which you cannot control, or if you could control something, would you try to?

Trollax

Quote from: fullmoonerSo do you mean to say you never worry about that which you cannot control, or if you could control something, would you try to?

It's not about control... things happen.

fullmooner

Yes, things happen. but why? And no one ever answered about what truck was the tastiest......

Horab Fibslager

what i'm trying to say is that on average, people who predict apaocalypses have a far worse track record than those peopel who predict the weather.

why control that which nto onyl can not be controlled, but to which cotnrol is a n alien concept.

it's liek oen day i wake up, look at the ocean and say, i will command thee ocean, to do my bidding!

does the ocean hear me? if it does, does it care? what am i to the ocean? i am nto even to the ocean what a single speck of sand is to the beach.
Hell is other people.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: fullmoonerYes, things happen. but why? And no one ever answered about what truck was the tastiest......

ask cthulu, he may know.
Hell is other people.

fullmooner

The old style Bug cars look tasty.

Plaidikins

Quote from: fullmoonerThe old style Bug cars look tasty.

They may look tasty, but Things taste better.

As the blue green world is drenched in horse-gore, the red seas are covered in horse hair.