News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Yay, moar Italian fascism! Now with added British approval!

Started by Cain, July 26, 2008, 04:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

And its not true, of course.

Goddamn, the next person who, in all seriousness, tells me knife crime is actually, REALLY REALLY UP and that if I go outside I WILL GET STABBED SO I BETTER SHIT MY PANTS RIGHT NOW is going to see some real fucking crime, when I jam a copy of the Daily Mail up their arse, sideways.

As my compatriot in blogging the knife non-crimewave, Five Chinese Crackers has repeatedly pointed out, all the indictators show that crime of this sort is down.  Knife crime has dropped by 14%, robbery is down by 24%, youth violence is down by 7% and homicide is down by 12% in London alone.

http://www.mpa.gov.uk/downloads/committees/mpa/080724-11-appendix01.pdf

Another stat that has popped up has been in the Daily Mail. According to the Mail, it has 'Revealed: The truth about knife crime - it has soared by 35 per cent in some parts of Britain'. The story includes a handy Daily Mail table - hurrah! - that reveals that in more than half of the police forces in England & Wales, the number of knife crimes actually dropped.

18 of them recorded a drop, 2 remained the same and 14 got worse. Of those 14, only 4 recorded a rise of 35% or more, and that includes Cumbria, which went up from 8 to 13, and North wales, which went up from 14 to 29. A more accurate headline would be 'The truth about knife crime - it has dropped in most parts of the country'.

Jenne

I didn't doubt that this was the case.  Seemed to be a jumped up figure, especially when it changed so radically from person to person you talked to and asked about it.  But when my son asked his cousin why the detectors were there "all of a sudden," she answered about the "knife crimes being up."  Something my other (older) son corroborated from the news he'd heard on the television the night before, apparently.

The Good Reverend Roger

CRIME IS UP!  SHIT YOUR PANCE!  MORE CCTV CAMERAS!  MORE LAWS!  MORE POLICING POWERS!

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dysnomia

Quote from: CainDid I mention I got stopped and searched by Anti-Terrorism police on my first day of being in London, when going to meet with Lizzie?  That was fun too.  You are legally obligated to give up the information requested by the police officer, including identity, purpose of visit, contact details and a detailed physical description.

To be fair you do always sorta look a little suspicious.   :wink:

Security stopped me too at the airport, which is odd because I'm never stopped.  It took all of 30 seconds though, hell they just looked through my purse.  I must say I was a little disappointed.   :|
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

LMNO

Fuck this.

From now on I wil be carrying a very pointy stick with me wherever I go.

Non-metal stabbity!

wade

i havent read the article, only a few of the comments from the article... 

Also, I'm going to be honest here, and someone probably will call me a racist but everytime I see some stranger from middle eastren descent or an asian, I seem to think "OMFG ITS A SPY TRYING TO HARM MY MOTHERLAND, AAAAAAAAAAAAH."   seriously, this is what i think...  it must be the animal instinct built into me.  I know it doesn't feel right to think that right away, and I'm sure a lot of those strangers I see are really decent people...  but I still think that initially...   

and...   about what lizzie said regarding some parts of california, how walking down the street in the wrong colour is pretty much signing your own death warrant...   (LMFAO @ THE WONDERFULL WORK OF THE POLICE."To serve, and protect.  "To secure and clean up the aftermath"...

:P
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

Cain

You're a racist and a fascist.

Well done, Canada must be proud of you.  Now rack off and go join the jabbering loons on Adam Yoshida's site.  You'll fit in much better.

Thurnez Isa

Cain he gets his information from "infowars"
you might be giving him too much credit
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cain

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 28, 2008, 02:52:55 PM
Cain he gets his information from "infowars"
you might be giving him too much credit

Adam Yoshida gets his worldview from Dinesh D'Souza, a man who nearly married Ann Coulter.

Infowars has nothing on this guy.

LMNO

Quote from: itsmoday... on July 28, 2008, 02:36:15 PM

Also, I'm going to be honest here, and someone probably will call me a racist but everytime I see some stranger from middle eastren descent or an asian, I seem to think "OMFG ITS A SPY TRYING TO HARM MY MOTHERLAND, AAAAAAAAAAAAH."   seriously, this is what i think...  it must be the animal instinct built into me.  I know it doesn't feel right to think that right away, and I'm sure a lot of those strangers I see are really decent people...  but I still think that initially...   

and...   about what lizzie said regarding some parts of california, how walking down the street in the wrong colour is pretty much signing your own death warrant...   (LMFAO @ THE WONDERFULL WORK OF THE POLICE."To serve, and protect.  "To secure and clean up the aftermath"...

Thank you for your honesty, you racist fuckbag.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: itsmoday... on July 28, 2008, 02:36:15 PM

:eek:

If you have no control over your racist programming... you should probably work on that.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Darth Cupcake

I am building a rocket.

I am moving to the moon.

Fuck this noise.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

TheLastLump

When I first started reading this thread, I wanted to beat somebody. Anybody- mostly any fascist faggot who seriously likes to see this stuff happen, but I would've settled for anyone who annoyed me.

But now I'm just sad.
"It's a dog-eat-dog world, Jesus, please holla back..." -The Game

doughboy359: Don't be angry cause you're a heretical pagan, we'll still accept you if you convert. Doughboy, on being a Catholic.

LMNO

On a personal note, just because you name-checked Nas in order to say "nigger" doesn't mean I won't get annoyed at your use of "faggot".

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: LMNO on July 28, 2008, 05:00:44 PM
On a personal note, just because you name-checked Nas in order to say "nigger" doesn't mean I won't get annoyed at your use of "faggot".

Wait, are you saying that using "faggot" as a derogatory term when railing against people who are bigots doesn't make sense?!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.