News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Yay, moar Italian fascism! Now with added British approval!

Started by Cain, July 26, 2008, 04:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on July 28, 2008, 05:01:52 PM
Quote from: LMNO on July 28, 2008, 05:00:44 PM
On a personal note, just because you name-checked Nas in order to say "nigger" doesn't mean I won't get annoyed at your use of "faggot".

Wait, are you saying that using "faggot" as a derogatory term when railing against people who are bigots doesn't make sense?!

wade

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 28, 2008, 04:28:04 PM
Quote from: itsmoday... on July 28, 2008, 02:36:15 PM
i havent read the article, only a few of the comments from the article... 

Also, I'm going to be honest here, and someone probably will call me a racist but everytime I see some stranger from middle eastren descent or an asian, I seem to think "OMFG ITS A SPY TRYING TO HARM MY MOTHERLAND, AAAAAAAAAAAAH."   seriously, this is what i think...  it must be the animal instinct built into me.  I know it doesn't feel right to think that right away, and I'm sure a lot of those strangers I see are really decent people...  but I still think that initially...   

and...   about what lizzie said regarding some parts of california, how walking down the street in the wrong colour is pretty much signing your own death warrant...   (LMFAO @ THE WONDERFULL WORK OF THE POLICE."To serve, and protect.  "To secure and clean up the aftermath"...

:P

:eek:

If you have no control over your racist programming... you should probably work on that.

Well, at least I notice it and truthfully, I know its wrong of me to automatically think the worst of people who are foreign to me.  I dno't HATE them for their heritage, I just said that is my initial thoughts, which suck.. and I would like to have friends who are from a completely different culture then mine...  the thing is I've always been surrounded by dickheads like myself...
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: itsmoday... on July 28, 2008, 11:49:07 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on July 28, 2008, 04:28:04 PM
Quote from: itsmoday... on July 28, 2008, 02:36:15 PM
i havent read the article, only a few of the comments from the article... 

Also, I'm going to be honest here, and someone probably will call me a racist but everytime I see some stranger from middle eastren descent or an asian, I seem to think "OMFG ITS A SPY TRYING TO HARM MY MOTHERLAND, AAAAAAAAAAAAH."   seriously, this is what i think...  it must be the animal instinct built into me.  I know it doesn't feel right to think that right away, and I'm sure a lot of those strangers I see are really decent people...  but I still think that initially...   

and...   about what lizzie said regarding some parts of california, how walking down the street in the wrong colour is pretty much signing your own death warrant...   (LMFAO @ THE WONDERFULL WORK OF THE POLICE."To serve, and protect.  "To secure and clean up the aftermath"...

:P

:eek:

If you have no control over your racist programming... you should probably work on that.

Well, at least I notice it and truthfully, I know its wrong of me to automatically think the worst of people who are foreign to me.  I dno't HATE them for their heritage, I just said that is my initial thoughts, which suck.. and I would like to have friends who are from a completely different culture then mine...  the thing is I've always been surrounded by dickheads like myself...

Everything you think you are,
Everything you want to be...
is only happening
in your reality.

We Decide. - Dr. Phineas Waldorf Steel
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Bruno

This is all fine and good, but what are we going to do about the sudden rise in Gayniggers from Outer Space?

Won't somebody please think of the straight white terrestrial children!?
Formerly something else...

Messier Undertree

Quote from: LMNO on July 28, 2008, 05:00:44 PM
On a personal note, just because you name-checked Nas in order to say "nigger" doesn't mean I won't get annoyed at your use of "faggot".

The guy obviously spends too much time on /b/, pay him no mind.

Voodoo Chile

If I was witty, I'm sure you'd be laughing by now.

Kurt Christ

I've always found the similarity of "faggot" (not really sure how the hell this became a term for homosexuals) as in a bundle of sticks, and the roots word of "Fascist" from Rome, as an analogy for unity within the state, as a single stick can be broken more easily than a bundle, to be funny.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Cain

One of the key components of fascism is a cult of contrived masculinity and all that entails as well (such as mysogny).

Hmmm.

TheLastLump

Quote from: Father Kurt Christ on July 29, 2008, 04:02:37 AM
I've always found the similarity of "faggot" (not really sure how the hell this became a term for homosexuals) as in a bundle of sticks, and the roots word of "Fascist" from Rome, as an analogy for unity within the state, as a single stick can be broken more easily than a bundle, to be funny.

Finally, somebody got the joke. Father, I'm awarding you a +5 to your Awareness stat, a +3 to your Wisdom, and an additional D6+1 roll to improve your Awesomeness rating to reflect your Level Up.

Also, yes, you MAY make a rat-flail out of that dead Dire Rat and that Stick you found in the last dungeon.
"It's a dog-eat-dog world, Jesus, please holla back..." -The Game

doughboy359: Don't be angry cause you're a heretical pagan, we'll still accept you if you convert. Doughboy, on being a Catholic.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: TheLastLump on July 29, 2008, 12:23:28 PM

Finally, somebody got the joke. Father, I'm awarding you a +5 to your Awareness stat, a +3 to your Wisdom, and an additional D6+1 roll to improve your Awesomeness rating to reflect your Level Up.

Also, yes, you MAY make a rat-flail out of that dead Dire Rat and that Stick you found in the last dungeon.

You have got to be shitting me.

ZOMG YUO GUISE "Faggot" begins with FA- and ends in -T. So does "fascist." WHOA CRAZY. So wait, how does fast and fat and fart and fairest and any other number of words work into this game? I'm confused.

No, seriously, someone please explain to me how the FUCK we are supposed to see TEH FUNNAY in this?

Also, if it's supposed to be funny that a faggot in the bundle of sticks sense doesn't snap as easily as a single fascist stick, then why would you call that person a fascist faggot? Aren't you trying to say that faggots are STRONGER than fascists? Then why equate them as being the same thing? That sort of yanks the carpet out from underneath the hilarity.

Do not--I repeat DO NOT--back pedal and try to turn your bigoted statement into a joke when it clearly isn't, wasn't, and will never be. Just admit that you said something wrong that you shouldn't have.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

TheLastLump

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on July 29, 2008, 03:06:35 PM

ZOMG YUO GUISE "Faggot" begins with FA- and ends in -T. So does "fascist." WHOA CRAZY. So wait, how does fast and fat and fart and fairest and any other number of words work into this game? I'm confused.

No, seriously, someone please explain to me how the FUCK we are supposed to see TEH FUNNAY in this?

Also, if it's supposed to be funny that a faggot in the bundle of sticks sense doesn't snap as easily as a single fascist stick, then why would you call that person a fascist faggot? Aren't you trying to say that faggots are STRONGER than fascists? Then why equate them as being the same thing? That sort of yanks the carpet out from underneath the hilarity.

Do not--I repeat DO NOT--back pedal and try to turn your bigoted statement into a joke when it clearly isn't, wasn't, and will never be. Just admit that you said something wrong that you shouldn't have.

XD The joke was that it's funny to make fun of fascists.

Get it?

And besides, Eris works in hilarious ways. I didn't even catch the fact that- in my anger- using the big, bad, awful mean hurtful word "faggot"- which, by the way, is the BUNDLE of sticks, which is the point Father was trying to make- in an attempt to express my rage at the fact gypsies were being murdered for being... y'know... gypsies, actually had a double meaning in there. I didn't notice it at first, but with Father's comment, it seemed so obvious.

So, yes, I WILL backpedal when I realize I've used a word that causes MASSIVE BUTTHURT. I'm sorry that you don't hate murderers and racists as much as I do. I deeply apologize for not realizing that you don't indeed find fascists as offensive as the word faggot.
"It's a dog-eat-dog world, Jesus, please holla back..." -The Game

doughboy359: Don't be angry cause you're a heretical pagan, we'll still accept you if you convert. Doughboy, on being a Catholic.

Cramulus

Payne

Are all gays fascist?

The public has a right to know!

Cain

Didn't Reich hypothesize that Fascists were afraid of teh vagoo and thus, like Furries, jailhouse gay?

Rather like certain right wing bloggers and their fear of play-doh and bacon vaginas.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: TheLastLump on July 29, 2008, 03:16:17 PM
Quote from: Darth Cupcake on July 29, 2008, 03:06:35 PM

XD The joke was that it's funny to make fun of fascists.

Get it?

I don't think you'll hear much disagreement that making fun of fascists is funny. I just still don't understand where using faggot as a derogatory term factored into this and was funny.

So no, I don't get it. What with your infinite wisdom into humor, perhaps you can enlighten.

Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2008, 03:19:41 PM
Didn't Reich hypothesize that Fascists were afraid of teh vagoo and thus, like Furries, jailhouse gay?

Rather like certain right wing bloggers and their fear of play-doh and bacon vaginas.

Well of course because a single stick would snap in a vagina whereas in a democracy, many many penises can enter vaginas and so...

Ah fuck it, this whole "bundle of sticks vs. single stick HAHA J/K LOL" thing isn't working for me.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.