News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

She apparently likes me.

Started by Calendula!, July 27, 2008, 05:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Nast

:sadbanana:

Why do they always think we're elitists, again?
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

BADGE OF HONOR

calendula do you think we're elitists?  :aww:
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 28, 2008, 01:29:33 AM
You've been pegged in the category of "Needs learning but not irrevocably retarded"

The suggestion that she needs to be 'educated' could very easily be interpreted as a rather elitist sentiment. This does not, however, make it wrong.

Keep trying, Calendula! :wink:  Eventually you'll be allowed into the Inner Sanctum.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Calendula! on July 28, 2008, 01:05:59 AM
I've only been a Discordian for a few weeks, Roger,so this is all pretty new to me.

You never did dumb things before you were a Discordian?

Quote from: Calendula! on July 28, 2008, 01:05:59 AM
Guess I should have lurked moar before trying to make conversation.

Why?  I'd still crap all over you.  Nothing personal.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Calendula!

Roger, you are a HORRIBLE BASTARD. And your grinning icon makes it that much more a slap in the face.  :argh!:

I was going to make you a special picture, but then I decided not to. So you can just imagine it-- it had a bunch of middle fingers in it...

You guys aren't elitist. You're just obviously on a higher natural level than anyone else.  :roll: It is why I aspire to be like you, and why I am so very very crushed by your crushing statements.  :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm going off to drown my sorrows in cheap booze now, so THERE.
로저: 석크 마이 띡크!! :D

Rumckle

Quote from: Cainad on July 28, 2008, 12:23:25 AM
My previous one lasted almost 5 years. :kingmeh:

Must have been faulty

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 28, 2008, 01:09:08 AM
Random annoying shit happens all the time, what's changed is your awareness of it.

That's the problem with coincidences, it could just have well not have happened, and then you wouldn't have noticed it, so STFU about it
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Jesrad

QuoteWeird shit happening at work:

Increase in the number of sketch-comedy like bad mornings

Electronics going more haywire than usual

I'm being given special attention.
NO you're NOT, you're getting the usual treatment every recent illuminee gets as per the Procedure©. Get a number and get in line to collect.

QuoteI aspire to be like you
That's precisely what you're doing wrong, and that's also why all that nasty shit is happening to you.
The Ends Are The Means (and vice-versa)
The Path is wherever you drop your feet - not the other way 'round. Just get going already !

Calendula!

Quote from: Rumckle on July 28, 2008, 12:23:34 PM
so STFU about it

Bite me.  :mrgreen:

Quote from: Jesrad on July 28, 2008, 12:47:12 PM
I'm being given special attention.
NO you're NOT, you're getting the usual treatment every recent illuminee gets as per the Procedure©. Get a number and get in line to collect.

Well, I've certainly managed to garner a response from you guys. I thought I was posting a small anecdote that a couple of forum members might find vaguely amusing in the "hey that happens to me sometimes" kind of way, and here I've got Big Forum NamesTM jumping past each other to crap on it. I'm not used to this kind of limelightQ

Quote from: Jesrad on July 28, 2008, 12:47:12 PM
QuoteI aspire to be like you
That's precisely what you're doing wrong, and that's also why all that nasty shit is happening to you.

Damn you, you saw right through the way I cleverly disguised that comment as sarcasm. Can't fool you, man.

The cheap booze is actually calling, and I am actually on my way out, so have fun adding to the poop while I'm gone!

Payne

Quote from: Calendula! on July 28, 2008, 11:04:07 AM
Roger, you are a HORRIBLE BASTARD. And your grinning icon makes it that much more a slap in the face.  :argh!:

I was going to make you a special picture, but then I decided not to. So you can just imagine it-- it had a bunch of middle fingers in it...

You guys aren't elitist. You're just obviously on a higher natural level than anyone else.  :roll: It is why I aspire to be like you, and why I am so very very crushed by your crushing statements.  :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm going off to drown my sorrows in cheap booze now, so THERE.

PROTIP: Tone does not carry well in a textual medium.

Welcome, btw, I feel you have potential, just calm it a bit, accept the criticism and the mind ray friend-requests. It'll all work out for the best in the end.

Jesrad

Quote from: Calendula! on July 28, 2008, 01:17:31 PM
Damn you, you saw right through the way I cleverly disguised that comment as sarcasm.
Not that particular comment, actually, but the whole posting of that thread in the first place. But you're improving, really, you've already got the retroactive infallability part of being a Pope.
The Ends Are The Means (and vice-versa)
The Path is wherever you drop your feet - not the other way 'round. Just get going already !

wade

Quote from: Nasturtiums on July 28, 2008, 01:39:51 AM
:sadbanana:

Why do they always think we're elitists, again?
ahahahahahahahaha

I don't know much, but I have noticed that quite a few morons enjoy being in their cliques.   Maybe they just think you're morons and you've mistakenly assumed they thought you were elitists?

and on a side note, it is kind of funny how TGRR starts it off with a "STFU WHINER" comment, which is followed by what appears to be more whining.. hahaha
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

Cramulus

Hi Calendula! Welcome to PD.

Don't get intimidated by postcounts or haters or whatever. There's choppy waters here. As a new Discordian, I don't expect that you've got it all figured out. (And I think a lot of us could probably benefit from your "beginner's mind") So don't get discouraged by people telling you you're doing it wrong.

we used to have a member named Hunter (who's been missing for a few months) who greeted every single new member with a sincere "Fuck You, go away". Others have upheld this tradition in his absence.

Anyway, there's tons of stuff going on here. In particular, check out the Operation: Mindfuck board, and the OMGASM subforum.

Calendula!

Thank you, Cramulus, that's very neighborly of you. :) I've actually been reading and enjoying those two boards a lot the last couple of weeks, and will continue to do so.

The rest of you... dude, I get it, it was a dumb thread. Go chew on something else for a while. Or don't. <3 As you like it.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Calendula! on July 28, 2008, 04:02:03 PM
Thank you, Cramulus, that's very neighborly of you. :) I've actually been reading and enjoying those two boards a lot the last couple of weeks, and will continue to do so.

The rest of you... dude, I get it, it was a dumb thread. Go chew on something else for a while. Or don't. <3 As you like it.

Don't worry, its normal for the new posters to get such a welcome. Just ignore them.  :fap:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson