News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

FACT: Lindemans makes the best Pino Noir evar.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, August 03, 2008, 07:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Jenne

NO likey the Pinot Noir.  Too linear.

I'm currently "into" Malbecs and Shiraz/Syrahs.  Oh and red zins.  Oh and dry roses from France.

Pinot Grigiot and Pinot Gris now...those are fabu.

Cramulus

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Columbia Valley Pinots are nice, but I'm not into the Aussie Pinots because they have a thing going on. You know that Australian wine thing? It works with Chardonnay and Shiraz, but not so much the Pinot IMO. For a really sublime Pinot Noir, try a 2005 Sokol Blosser if you can find it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

In my experience, Pinot Noir is the kind of wine that only starts getting interesting when you hit $20 a bottle.

So, I'll go with something else, usually.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Nigel on August 05, 2008, 06:20:15 PM
Columbia Valley Pinots are nice, but I'm not into the Aussie Pinots because they have a thing going on. You know that Australian wine thing? It works with Chardonnay and Shiraz, but not so much the Pinot IMO. For a really sublime Pinot Noir, try a 2005 Sokol Blosser if you can find it.

Nope, please tell me....

LMNO

Daruko

Quote from: ten ton mantis on August 03, 2008, 07:54:45 PM
Prove me wrong.

I love pinot noir.   Is Lindemans sold in many stores?  How much a bottle?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Evil Bitch For Hire on August 05, 2008, 07:29:38 PM

Quote from: Nigel on August 05, 2008, 06:20:15 PM

Nope, please tell me....

The soil of every growing region imbues a unique characteristic to its grapes... Spanish wine, for instance, tends to be distinctly "salty". Australian wine has an Australian taste. It's kind of herby... kind of woody and smoky, too. It's almost like the inside of a chaparral twig. I don't know how else to describe it. Considering how large Australia is, I would assume wines from different regions of Australia have different characteristics, and based on that I'm guessing that there is a particular region which produces most of the exported wine because what I've had has shared that particular undertone.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on August 05, 2008, 01:35:29 PM
what does "linear" mean when describing wine?

some wine, if you pour it in a glass, the stream forms a parabola, we call this quadratic wine.

other wines, when spilled on the floor becomes planar, as opposed to linear.

now, the real complexity that i think Jenne desires flows from absorbing it into cloth, like that pretty white suit of yours, which completely alters its topological qualities.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Quote from: triple zero on August 06, 2008, 11:04:39 AM

some wine, if you pour it in a glass, the stream forms a parabola, we call this quadratic wine.

now, the real complexity that i think Jenne desires flows from absorbing it into cloth, like that pretty white suit of yours, which completely alters its topological qualities.

This is the best explanation, ever.  Thread over.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: triple zero on August 06, 2008, 11:04:39 AM

Call me an elitist, but I really prefer fractal wine over everything else.

Jenne

Ok, poopy on you guys.

I meant that it's got too smooth of a follow through from nose to finish.  All the same flavors, with little difference, so yes, COMPLEXITY.

Sheesh.

And yeah, Nigel, you  have to love the earth the grapes come from in order to love the wine they produce...so the New Zealand and Ozzie wines tend to taste like sheepfields.  :lol:  But I like that.  I'm not a big fan of too much chemistry in the wine that weeds that element out--WA state wines come close to this, but luckily they stick to varietals that handle that sort of manipulation well.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.