News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

Be Happy (postergasm)

Started by Golden Applesauce, August 15, 2008, 02:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Applesauce

edit: made new and (much) improved versions.  See the pdf link further down.

Made these with The GIMP.  I have higher res versions (2000 x 2625, or 8 x 10.5 @ 250 ppi) if you want them.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cramulus

nostalgicBadger

I like them, but slightly confused about what's going on with the face? It lips look mad chapped.
Either way, good idea, and thanks for the contribution!
meh.

Cain

I'm not sure, but it could be playing off the imagery of the Joker, like I suggested we do, since the most recent version is an especially subversive figure.

If so, great idea.

Golden Applesauce

Yes, it's going off the latest Joker.  Hopefully, since my target audience is US college students, all of them will be somewhat familiar with the movie or the "Why so serious?" campaign.

Shared memes just aren't what they used to be.

Cain

Here's a suggestion - after putting up a few of these and letting people see them, put up some with the bottom half of the page blanked out.  Then see what people fill them in with.

Poster 2.0, as it were.

Golden Applesauce

UPDATE:

here they are in a PDF.  Improved the pic in the middle a little bit, and added more things to be happy about.  Removed 'ignorance,' because that just wasn't subtle enough.

http://ifile.it/8l3r7zn

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Jasper

The eyes in the first one were a lot creepier and unreadable.

Verbal Mike

Enki's text is not bad though. A little banal maybe.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like the disturbingly pink smile.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."