News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

...and suddenly, it all made sense.

Started by East Coast Hustle, August 18, 2008, 03:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 18, 2008, 07:49:42 PM
My guess is he's talking about all of the tourists flooding the coast this time of year.  Am I right? 

Tourists suck.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Hm, a person who takes up an activity/hobby merely for amusement...

isn't that the very definition of what being a troll is, 'for the lulz'?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm leaving chicken bones in your internets.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

Quote from: Nigel on August 18, 2008, 08:25:28 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 18, 2008, 07:49:42 PM
My guess is he's talking about all of the tourists flooding the coast this time of year.  Am I right? 

Tourists suck.

Argh, tourists. We get eurospags in the summer, and the only thing that bothers me is that they act exactly like the stereotype. As in funky short-shorts and fanny packs and giant cameras around their necks. Or the worst thing is when you're walking down a crowded street, and one of them suddenly stops to get a photo opportunity, and it causes a human trainwreck.

But American tourists from the Midwest are infinitely worse. I won't even go there.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

When I lived on a quaint little island in Washington we had tourists who just assumed the whole thing was a giant theme park of cuteness and bunnies designed for their enjoyment, and my favorite tourist story ever was when my mom's friend came from to find some people eating a picnic on her lawn. She said something like "Um, hey, this is my front yard" and they said something like "EXCUSE ME, we're trying to HAVE LUNCH here lady" and then she went inside and when she came out again they had gone away but left the bones from their fried chicken all over the lawn.

BADGE OF HONOR

She should have turned on the sprinklers.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Nobody has sprinklers there because a gentle misting rain falls every night and in the morning the sun rises and golden light showers everything with goodness.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, there are adorable little bunnies and fawns frolicking around EVERYWHERE.

Cain

She should have come out with a shotgun and said

GET OFF MA LAW YOU DAMN KIDS
\
:argh!:

Vene

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think she was just thrown off and by the time she rallied herself to do anything about it they had finished. I wouldn't have known what to do either... call the police?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Shibboleet The Annihilator

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.