News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Volunteer Wanted to review the Etc. Discordia

Started by Cramulus, August 20, 2008, 07:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RunsWithScissors

Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.  Then, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.

Bu🤠ns

Cramulus

Assuming that the people with copies deliver their reviews, I think we've got enough reviews for the moment. I don't want to sneeze this book around too much in its unfinished state, because it'll decrease the chance of you spags reading it when it's done. ;-P

almost done! I meet with Netaungrot in 3D later this week, and I'm hoping we're approaching completion.

Voodoo

BTW, Midland , TX where I am currently located is the home town of "W".  I took a tour a few months back of the George W. Bush childhood home (he only lived here for a short while).

It just dawned on me what a great opportunity it would be to sneak some discordian literature into the W childhood home bookcases.  There were old Howedy-Doody coloring books, etc.

What do y'all think?

hooplala

What would you say the chances of being caught while slipping them in are?

And, are there not cameras?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Voodoo

I doubt it.  Some in the living room, but not likely in the smaller ones--like the small addition (it had bookcases).  It is newly redone.  I bet I could slip an Eris coloring book in with the kids stuff without being detected.

He was here this weekend, and I missed it!!  DAMN.

hooplala

I'm going to see if I can get my childhood home turned into a museum of idiocy as well...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mangrove

The sign outside is for his benefit, in case he forgets where he used to live.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Quote from: Mangrove on October 06, 2008, 07:28:56 PM

Or is it in case he forgets where he currently lives?

Mangrove

Quote from: Cain on October 06, 2008, 08:31:11 PM
Quote from: Mangrove on October 06, 2008, 07:28:56 PM

Or is it in case he forgets where he currently lives?

That too. On Jan 20th 2009, there will be a 'go home George' sign outside the White House.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

AFK

btw, I did read, review, and edit the part I was supposed to read, review and edit.  I think.  Anyway, the last time I looked at it I thought it looked fine. 

Also, I think there should be a big song and dance number when GWB leaves the White House ala, the Munchikin celebration when the house falls on the Wicked Witch of the East. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

So...is this book gonna be published before the next Masquerade?

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cain on December 02, 2008, 02:19:19 PM
So...is this book gonna be published before the next Masquerade?

When is the next Masquerade?

My guess is yes, in that I'll have my computer (and probably my files) back soon.

I've been out a participating team on this since the beginning of October. And then my computer failed a few weeks ago.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

Oh OK.  No problems, I didn't realize it was at the formatting and graphics stage already.  I thought drafts were still being thrown around.

Cramulus

We're in the semi-final stages, but the hardware hangup has halted our hard work. Basically --

-finalize one or two pieces
-finish introduction and outro
-replace a few graphics
-doodle in the margins
-print out the book and squint at it whilst sitting on the toilet
-send it to lulu.com
-distribute the PDF for free

we're actually quite close