News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Volunteer Wanted to review the Etc. Discordia

Started by Cramulus, August 20, 2008, 07:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cramulus on December 02, 2008, 05:32:10 PM
We're in the semi-final stages, but the hardware hangup has halted our hard work. Basically --

-finalize one or two pieces
-finish introduction and outro
-replace a few graphics
-doodle in the margins
-print out the book and squint at it whilst sitting on the toilet
-send it to lulu.com
-distribute the PDF for free

we're actually quite close

I wouldn't agree with the hardware being the cause of the hang-up. That happened just a few weeks ago. It's going to be two months soon that I haven't had any participation on this project. If people didn't have the time because other things required their attention, they could have told me. But I've kind of been left out in the cold here.

By the way, the plans for the doodling in the margins is quite work intensive. It also isn't just in the margins, it involves interactions with the text body so the content must be finalized before that begins.

Also, the design files need to be rebuilt for production which also is a huge amount of work.

It has the appearance of being almost finished, but in terms of labor, it's about halfway.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cramulus

Quote from: Net on December 02, 2008, 06:19:06 PM
I wouldn't agree with the hardware being the cause of the hang-up. That happened just a few weeks ago. It's going to be two months soon that I haven't had any participation on this project. If people didn't have the time because other things required their attention, they could have told me. But I've kind of been left out in the cold here.

ah - yes, the hardware is just one slice of the pie. But the lack of forward motion hasn't been intentional, it seems like stuff just quieted down a bit, then more intermittent, and now we're looking at a two month gap in hindsight. For my part, I've had a ton of IRL drama, fiasco, and stress that demanded the lion share of my energy. RAW was right - when your biosurvival gets threatened (in this case the threat of eviction), all your drives refocus.

the last yatto

cover-
i- keep or not
ii- toss  :roll:
table of contents- seems off
copyright- like the latin text and agree about the concept but shouldnt the right have the penta and the left an apple?
00005- add text (so) drink up (?)
00006- rotate meme 90 degrees (and/or man with phone image)
00031- HE COMES!
00038- include the fuckthisshit version? (if so rotate 90 degrees)
00049- under title include "mal wasnt here"
00050- switch with page 00053?
00053- enter after flickr.com so aggress school of art sign can be enlarged
00055- if this is moved, 77 could be mixed with 78 better.
00059- my space captial s...
00059- fix copypasta formatting. example top left page "if you are here the enemy has then you"
00059- also view under pdf view copy all text to clipboard and then notepad and fix similar syntax.
00060- its like a secret message but not... "I DID NOT ADVOCATE WEAKNESS!"
00060- maybe more breathing room for text
00061- if fru gets 2 pages, monkeys demand 3 pages not 5.
00062- Christ shit can go into the gospel, Hoopla's New Testapoop
00062- is that a monkeys head? if MSM is reduced to 3 pages add to previous 3 pages
00065- o rly? Discordian KSC
00066- meme- mu means nothing (maybe in Chinese or fnord font)
00069- needs ⠃⠗⠁⠊⠇⠇⠑⠦
00070- rotate?
00071- fist or yellow pd cover?
00072- OUTLANDISHNESS (needs more AKKness)
00073- needs papercraft moustache and oneline memes
00074- someone's trying to sell them something.
00075- good example poster (outline with dotted line and scissors?)
00082- tequila mocking bird :fnord:
00082-83 note that that Al-Qaeda is arabic for the base?
00084- switch image with 78?
00087- The SubGenius™ Foundation P.O. Box 181417, Cleveland Hts, OH 44118
00091- noticed along with 87, one paragraph gets carried over why?
00093-Nopants reached out and slapped him right in his goddamn monkey face.
00095- lower m upper e for title ;)
00098- poee.co.uk or peedy plug?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit