News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Homemade Hunchpunch Experiment

Started by Bruno, August 23, 2008, 10:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

i really didn't like it at all and never finished more than half a glass. half the bottle is still sitting in a shelf, i'll give it another taste every now and then, perhaps one day it'll ripen to something taste (or perhaps not).

i have made quite strong stuff using a very similar recipe, but this one wasn't. i'm not sure what went wrong.

ehm but, you say your current batch has a gravity (that's weight per volume, right) indicating a sugar content that would result in 10% alcohol if all the sugar ferments? did i get that right? cause that does indeed sound like very little.

how do you calculate the %PA? i never did that, i just tried out different ratios and found that about 1kg of sugar on 4 liter of liquid results in "pretty strong stuff" that is also still a bit sweet, but not too much.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bruno

I didn't calculate it, I used my True-Brewtm triple scale hydrometer and measured it. It was 7% to begin with (as were all four different brands) I added a half cup at first, re-measured it, added a second half cup, and re-re-measured it, and that put it at 10%.

That was last Sunday. I measured one again just now and it was at 3%, so if I understand correctly, that means it's 7% alcohol now, and should be done fermenting in a couple of days. I'm tempted to add another cup and take it to 13% in at least one batch.
Formerly something else...

AFK

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on August 25, 2008, 06:15:54 PM
Quote from: Cainad on August 25, 2008, 04:13:55 PM
Quote from: Squiddy on August 25, 2008, 05:10:44 AM
Dude you have to tell us how this turns out.
i'm interested in hearing about it, but wouldnt try it myself.

i did however buy some of those muscadine grapes that only grow around here (south east) and i now see where that weird flavor/wang in florida wine comes from.

They put wangs in their wine there? :?

Yes, but unfortunately the older wines have a weak finish.

This was a fucking boss turn of word play that went unrecognized.

Tragedy!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.