News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Discordia as a Religion?

Started by Cramulus, September 03, 2008, 07:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Exactly.

Let's start something new, Nigel.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Elder Iptuous

Hoopla,
I'd be interested to see what you've got going for your altar to Eris.  I have been considering the same thing.
Has anybody here chosen to believe in Eris as an actual personal entity?  I've been thinking about doing that.  I imagine it would take some effort and time to convince ones self of something like this, but i'm sure it could be done with the proper rationalization and filtering....

Verbal Mike

I see Eris as a metaphor, except a little more real than normal metaphors. (i.e, I don't see the metaphor as just a matter of rhetoric, I do think of her as something that exists, in a sense.)
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

hooplala

Quote from: Iptuous on September 17, 2008, 11:30:32 PM
Hoopla,
I'd be interested to see what you've got going for your altar to Eris.  I have been considering the same thing.
Has anybody here chosen to believe in Eris as an actual personal entity?  I've been thinking about doing that.  I imagine it would take some effort and time to convince ones self of something like this, but i'm sure it could be done with the proper rationalization and filtering....

I only believe in Eris when it is necessary, the rest of the time she is all metaphor to me.

Currently my alter is nonexistent.  I have a small statue of Kali, and a small book of . . .  things . . . which will have to go anonymously for the time being.  There is a gentleman in Toronto who makes statues which look very ancient greek, I am saving some money right now and will soon commission him to make me an Eris statue.

What I plan for the rest is to get every image of Eris I can find, and either print them out nicely, or copy them by hand... the statues, obviously, my book, a small ceramic bowl for burnt things, a larger bowl I can fill with Golden Delicious apples, and candles.

I am working on some attributions at the moment, and when I am finished I will be using them to fill it all out (incense, blackthorn, images of snakes, and whatnot...)

So... its mostly in my head at the moment.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on September 17, 2008, 09:54:26 PM
Exactly.

WITCHES 4 ERIS

I see Eris as an archetype. For whatever that's worth.

I don't have anything specifically Eris-y on my altar. I have a cast iron pot for burning things, a statue of Pan rampant, an African bird goddess statuette, a cock-shaped rock, a Pollen Boy, a bell, a cup of water, an incense burner, a knife, some paper, some candles, some tobacco, cedar, sage, and kinnikinnik, as well as a bunch of other crap that varies.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Hoopla,

I know people that believe in her as real. Heck if people can believe in Xenu, Eris is child's play.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

hooplala

Quote from: Nigel on September 18, 2008, 12:20:22 AM
Exactly.

WITCHES 4 ERIS

I don't have anything specifically Eris-y on my altar. I have a cast iron pot for burning things, a statue of Pan, an African bird goddess statuette, a cock-shaped rock, a Pollen Boy, a bell, a cup of water, an incense burner, a knife, some paper, some candles, some tobacco, cedar, sage, and kinnikinnik, as well as a bunch of other crap that varies.

Can we also be color witches?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on September 18, 2008, 12:22:34 AM
Exactly.

WITCHES 4 ERIS

I don't have anything specifically Eris-y on my altar. I have a cast iron pot for burning things, a statue of Pan, an African bird goddess statuette, a cock-shaped rock, a Pollen Boy, a bell, a cup of water, an incense burner, a knife, some paper, some candles, some tobacco, cedar, sage, and kinnikinnik, as well as a bunch of other crap that varies.

SURE what is a color witch?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

hooplala

Quote from: Nigel on September 18, 2008, 12:23:06 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 18, 2008, 12:22:34 AM
Exactly.

WITCHES 4 ERIS

SURE what is a color witch?

Oh poop... you haven't seen A Mighty Wind?

They talk about color witches in it.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Damn it, I have not. I will add it to my Netflix!

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Ratatosk on September 18, 2008, 12:21:54 AM
I know people that believe in her as real. Heck if people can believe in Xenu, Eris is child's play.
Do they have a presence on the intarnets somewhere?

Requia ☣

Quote from: Hoopla on September 18, 2008, 12:16:04 AM
Hoopla,

I only believe in Eris when it is necessary, the rest of the time she is all metaphor to me.

Currently my alter is nonexistent.  I have a small statue of Kali, and a small book of . . .  things . . . which will have to go anonymously for the time being.  There is a gentleman in Toronto who makes statues which look very ancient greek, I am saving some money right now and will soon commission him to make me an Eris statue.

What I plan for the rest is to get every image of Eris I can find, and either print them out nicely, or copy them by hand... the statues, obviously, my book, a small ceramic bowl for burnt things, a larger bowl I can fill with Golden Delicious apples, and candles.

I am working on some attributions at the moment, and when I am finished I will be using them to fill it all out (incense, blackthorn, images of snakes, and whatnot...)

So... its mostly in my head at the moment.

What kind of insence matches Eris?

*needs a new scent, or a way to get Astha thats not in sample packs

Edit: Had the name of the sampler they keep tormenting me with in packs of Nag Champa wrong.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.