News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Discordia as a Religion?

Started by Cramulus, September 03, 2008, 07:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Well... I have recently started to worship the semi-colon as the One True Representative of Gods love for His People.

AFK

Heathen.  Ampersand is the one true lord. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Blashphemy!  The true believers know where it's @.

AFK

PeregrineBF

So, I went to my cousin's Bar Mitzvah. And I realized something: the songs are very, very powerful.
The religious aspect should have some good music to help draw people in. So if you want to add religious stuff, add music.

Rumckle

I like the religious side of PD for the reasons mentioned previously.
Though, I do think the original went a bit overboard with it, so I'd say keep some of the religious stuff, but not all of it.
As to what, I dunno, pope cards are a definite win though.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Valerie - Gone

Quote from: PeregrineBF on September 05, 2008, 09:04:56 PM
So, I went to my cousin's Bar Mitzvah. And I realized something: the songs are very, very powerful.
I realized that a long time ago, you know. When I was in 7th and 8th grade and made to go to church, I actually liked it when the band would play and sing, because it just gave me this feeling in my chest, like deity was really there. 'course I wouldn't have admitted that at the time, as I thought I was atheist (I'm not really sure what I am anymore). But anyway, I agree that music can be a very powerful tool.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself. -Socrates

LMNO

One of my current projects is about writing songs with BIP themes.

Suu

Perhaps Discordian Psalms?

Look at the Homeric Hymns for example...unfortunately I don't believe one exists for Eris, so we need to make one.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Well, there is that one in the PD that is set to the tune of The Battle Hymn of the Republic.  I've always thought of doing a metal-treatment of that.  But as usual, I think of it, but never get around to actually doing it. 

LMNO

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 08, 2008, 05:08:46 PM
Well, there is that one in the PD that is set to the tune of The Battle Hymn of the Republic.  I've always thought of doing a metal-treatment of that.  But as usual, I think of it, but never get around to actually doing it. 

Also, the Onward Christian Soldiers treatment...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

the last yatto

i saw an article in the paper compairing religion to football
including people who take it SRS and not so srs

the only really part i remember
is that a bible is merely taking home the playbook after you win and go home or something along those lines, tho i probally am butchering the idea badly, Maybe google can help, i feel lucky hmm no thats not quite it....

again...
QuoteNote this passage from the Big Playbook of St. Gipper, recently discovered in a dark basement on the campus of Notre Dame University.
The passage reads: "And on the seventh day God created football and all was right with the world... until Satan brought forth the referees..."

It is impossible to believe in college football without also believing in a Higher Power. Here in Alabama - and in a whole lot of other places - football is a religion. To some, it is the only religion. Blasphemy, you say? I don't think so. More prayers are said and answered during the average college football game than in most churches during a month of Sundays. That explains why evangelists love to hold revivals in football stadiums. The mood has already been set. The congregation holds season tickets.

^ this might be it but im not sure :?

i think its in my pile of newspapers to clips out next to the holy pooptestment scrapbook and the fnord collection
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

BADGE OF HONOR

Just yesterday I decided that religion is like sports.  Some (most) people have certain teams they are passionate about, probably because they want something to belong to.  Usually the favorite team is something they were taught, by participating with their families in cheering and whatnot.  Other people just pick teams to root for, for no particular reason other than a subconscious affinity.  Some people just don't give a shit.  Some people hate sports and consider them a waste of time.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on September 13, 2008, 06:34:17 AM
Just yesterday I decided that religion is like sports.  Some (most) people have certain teams they are passionate about, probably because they want something to belong to.  Usually the favorite team is something they were taught, by participating with their families in cheering and whatnot.  Other people just pick teams to root for, for no particular reason other than a subconscious affinity.  Some people just don't give a shit.  Some people hate sports and consider them a waste of time.
What sport is Discordianism?