News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

"lol love it"

Started by NWC, September 05, 2008, 05:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWC

Having read too many of this loopy girl's notes on facebook telling people how to live(though I agree with much of what she said), I decided to post my own note, titled "Social Meta-Commentary(sounds so interesting, I know!)"

it reads:

QuoteI have alot of beliefs, kindof. I actually just have many ideas that I hold fast to.

I've been seeing alot of things on facebook and elsewhere lately where people are stating their steadfast beliefs, saying how they are right and how others are wrong. I believe that yes, everyone is right, but the others are in fact also right.

I am right about this.

All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

There are people who I would(and do) say are dumb, but they are still right. How can you criticize someone without knowing their exact reasoning for what they say, as is influenced by every experience, no matter how trivial, in their lives? And how could you know a fraction of that?

I love George Bush. I would say that he has made many very poor decisions in his policies, but how do I know the complete end result of everything he's done? What if the world's counter-push-pull effect from his actions makes the world better than it would have been otherwise? I would say that he is a dishonest person, but how as I can't read his mind, I can't judge it. And even if I could why would I?

Realistically, I would say that he was a bad president. I did not support him in either election. I am an Obama supporter, as I was when I worked on his campaign for senate in 2004.

But who am I even to judge realism? I realize I digress here, and the more that I push the envelope on metaphysics the smaller my audience gets, but it pains me to deal in absolutes.

Obama=McCain=MLK=Bush=Ghandi=Hitler=your high school principle

Trying to apply abstracts, especially those of what many would consider an absurdist nature, to the politics and social issues that overbear our senses daily is difficult, so I'll wrap this up in the interest of having anyone glance at more than the title.

What I'm trying to say here is that YOU KNOW NOTHING. Nothing is certain, nothing is real, and you are not Saul Goodman when you are lost out here.

Having written this note, I have proven that I know even less, trying to tell you what to think.

'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.

the girl mentioned previously was the first to reply, with only

"lol love it"
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Assaf

Cainad (dec.)

:x  Meaning what you said went in one ear and out the other.

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."