News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Use brain much

Started by Dr Goofy, September 05, 2008, 06:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Goofy

So I am new here wanted to say hello... a While back I tried to create my own religion www.Goofyism.org and well I was told it was similar to discordian... well I am to tired to rant so I will post an old one!

So I use to work at Fun Plex which is an amusement park and I could not believe how stupid people can be. They never listened to you at the go carts so they would take off and not pay attention. They would try to climb into one of the rides that I had to open for them. On time a guy locked himself between the latch and the thing that was suppose to hold him in and wondered why the handles were poking him in the back. Yesterday at one of the meetings a coworker told me of one time a guy called in trying to accuse him of giving him ancient technology because he believed the Panasonic commercials that every thing was wireless and did not need plugged in. As a tech guy we got calls about people complaining that they broke the coffee cup holder on there computer or that it kept going in and knocking over there coffee... It was the CD drive come on people.

I just wonder if the world will not turn out to be as a bunch of idiots running the world. Are we degrading as a society or what? Are our brains just for show?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr Goofy Mofo on September 05, 2008, 06:15:01 AM
Are our brains just for show?

Well, that's why *I* keep mine on the outside.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Lupernikes_shadowbark

I'd say in Britain and Ireland it does seem to be going that way; I call it Reverse Darwinism

Payne

So I am new here wanted to say hello... a While back I tried to create my own religion www.Goofyism.org and well I was told it was similar to discordian... well I am to tired to rant so I will post an old one!

So I use to work at Fun Plex which is an amusement park and I could not believe how stupid people can be. They never listened to you at the go carts so they would take off and not pay attention. They would try to climb into one of the rides that I had to open for them. On time a guy locked himself between the latch and the thing that was suppose to hold him in and wondered why the handles were poking him in the back. Yesterday at one of the meetings a coworker told me of one time a guy called in trying to accuse him of giving him ancient technology because he believed the Panasonic commercials that every thing was wireless and did not need plugged in. As a tech guy we got calls about people complaining that they broke the coffee cup holder on there computer or that it kept going in and knocking over there coffee... It was the CD drive come on people.

I just wonder if the world will not turn out to be as a bunch of idiots running the world. Are we degrading as a society or what? Are our brains just for show?

Yes, they are.

NOW WATCH SOME MORE TV.

Kai

Quote from: Lupernikes_shadowbark on September 05, 2008, 08:44:27 AM
I'd say in Britain and Ireland it does seem to be going that way; I call it Reverse Darwinism

:x
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Lupernikes_shadowbark

ah it's not that bad Kai, look at it this way, we'll never be short of burgers and things to complain about in our old age at least :lulz:

Payne

It's the use of the word Darwinism in a social context.

We've already had this discussion in another thread recently.

You should look it up. There is a good reason for the " :x "

LMNO

Turn out to be?

Someone's not paying attention.

AFK

Word.  That ship sailed and sank the day we decided to leave the trees. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Lupernikes_shadowbark

Quote from: Dr. Payne on September 05, 2008, 01:17:54 PM
It's the use of the word Darwinism in a social context.

We've already had this discussion in another thread recently.

You should look it up. There is a good reason for the " :x "

ahhhh I see, sorry for the confusion but i meant it ironically and by the fsct that tis the, shall we say, folk aforementioned who appear to be more fecund and twill be social and real darwinian evolution, alas

LMNO

Y'know, just stop using the word "Darwin," unless you're talking about a guy that lived about 100 years ago.

Lupernikes_shadowbark

East Coast Hustle

ITT, forum darwinism rears its ugly head.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Lupernikes_shadowbark

what?  I promise to not use the D word anymore