News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

The Last Unenlightened Man In The Universe

Started by Idiot, April 28, 2004, 10:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idiot

Everything2.com node 1534337

I didn't write this, I just thought some people here might find it interesting.

I did search to see if there was anything like this here already, but couldn't find anything. Apologies if it's already been said like a billion trillion times ok...

I think it's awesome.

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Trollax

That's what you get with mayahana buddhists. Nobody ever said you had to sell out on all your desires in order to move forward. Samsara itself is the cause of enlightenment. I find no trouble living in both worlds... Mountains are mountains and rivers are rivers...

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDThat's what you get with mayahana buddhists. Nobody ever said you had to sell out on all your desires in order to move forward. Samsara itself is the cause of enlightenment. I find no trouble living in both worlds... Mountains are mountains and rivers are rivers...

Hehehe. Check out some of the Tantric stuff. In a nutshell, they say that all manifestations are the spontaneous expressions of wisdom. Thus all desires can be harnessed.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Trollax

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC
Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDThat's what you get with mayahana buddhists. Nobody ever said you had to sell out on all your desires in order to move forward. Samsara itself is the cause of enlightenment. I find no trouble living in both worlds... Mountains are mountains and rivers are rivers...

Hehehe. Check out some of the Tantric stuff. In a nutshell, they say that all manifestations are the spontaneous expressions of wisdom. Thus all desires can be harnessed.

it is my desire to be harnessed. And there is nothing unenlightened about that!  :D

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Fear not the Dominatrices of the World!
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"