News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Has anybody ever tried Coquilles Saint-Jacques?

Started by Jasper, October 07, 2008, 09:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

if you want, you can also give the breast a light dusting of flour or some sturdy herbs, like rosemary (fresh).

Suu

This looks amazing except for the scallop part.  :cry:

GODDAMNIT! I want a shellfish dinner! I want to sit at a table, and eat delicious crustaceans and mollusks with a side of Benedryl and a tall glass of ice water to stop my throat from closing!  :argh!:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

And now, ECH will offer substitutions for people who are allergic to shellfish.

Please?

Suu

I'm assuming I can make it out of a white fish or chicken...

I'm also assuming that LMNO is or must often feed someone with a shellfish allergy.

-Suu
Lives in the wrong fucking part of the world to be allergic to things that die painful deaths in boiling water and are delicious when dipped in butter.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Actually, I'm just not a big fan of scallops or shrimp.  I'd probably try crab meat.

Jasper

Quote from: Suu on October 08, 2008, 07:24:37 PM
I'm assuming I can make it out of a white fish or chicken...

I had so much sauce left over that I just threw some smoked salmon into it, and turned it into salmon chowder.

Darth Cupcake

Salmon or crab in the white sauce sounds really tasty.

-DC
Loves all things seafood, especially seafood chowders and bisques
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on October 08, 2008, 07:01:09 PM
And now, ECH will offer substitutions for people who are allergic to shellfish.
Please?

well the (HUGE) new local asian supermarket here has these vegetarian "shrimp" in the freezer. Tastes almost exactly like "surimi" (which is processed white fish flavoured like crab or something), it's pretty good, (seems) protein-rich and really tastes like sea-food (in a way) ((i mean, i'm not gonna lie to you, it's not actual MEAT or anything, there's a reason i'm still no vegetarian)). let's say it's pretty much like fish/shrimp in the sense that Tivall is like chicken.

i could check out the brand name or something, maybe you can get some shop to order it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Dark Monk

I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~