News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

ITT, You recommend Coffeemakers

Started by AFK, September 09, 2008, 01:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anch

I love the smell of coffee, but for some reason my stomach does not really tolerate it.

So, we're stuck with our fancy Italian espresso-machine (which breaks down like, every month  :x), but I like espresso.
It's like a cup full of GOOD MORNING WOOOORLD!!!!!1, followed by explosions.
help I'm trapped in a online-personality-machine and can't escargh

LMNO

We registered for a Cuisenart 10-cup with a programmable timer.  Works well, and the pot is really well insulated; it has stayed hot even several hours after brewing.

LMNO

Quote from: Squiddy on September 09, 2008, 07:15:59 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 09, 2008, 04:27:06 PM
French press or KYSFTB.

If you're willing to provide a barely-dressed manservant who will wake up 15 minutes before my alarm goes off to grind the beans, boil the water, and prep the press, I'm game.

Voodoo

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on September 09, 2008, 06:11:55 PM
It's just that Starbucks represents the devil is all.

I embrace SOME evil.  It is ok for me, because the starbucks logo at the drive-thru is upside down.  That HAS to mean something??  Will take a pic to post.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on September 09, 2008, 06:52:48 PM
We registered for a Cuisenart 10-cup with a programmable timer.  Works well, and the pot is really well insulated; it has stayed hot even several hours after brewing.

I think this is one I've had my eye on. 

What's the clean up like? 

I'm a lazy bastard and a fierce procrastinator. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: LMNO on September 09, 2008, 07:24:40 PM
a barely-dressed manservant who will wake up 15 minutes before my alarm goes off

The best coffeemaker ITT 8)
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

AFK

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on September 09, 2008, 09:44:09 PM
a barely-dressed manservant who will wake up 15 minutes before my alarm goes off

Yeah, but he still needs to have adequate tools to work with.

Uh, wait.  I think I should've worded that differently. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Voodoo

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on September 09, 2008, 09:44:09 PM

<--- will work for coffee

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Squiddy on September 09, 2008, 07:15:59 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 09, 2008, 04:27:06 PM
French press or KYSFTB.

If you're willing to provide a barely-dressed manservant who will wake up 15 minutes before my alarm goes off to grind the beans, boil the water, and prep the press, I'm game.

I can give you a name, address, social security number, mother's maiden name, birthdate etc of a person I hate and you can make him your bitch.
But I don't think you want him making your coffee.
Balls.

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 09, 2008, 09:34:52 PM
Quote from: LMNO on September 09, 2008, 06:52:48 PM

I think this is one I've had my eye on. 

What's the clean up like? 

I'm a lazy bastard and a fierce procrastinator. 

We also got one of those gold mesh filters.  So, there are 4 pieces to rinse.  Cleaning it and loading it back up takes about 2-3 minutes.  And we're fairly lazy people.

Kai

Quote from: Rev. Voodoo on September 09, 2008, 06:02:02 PM
I have been stopping there because my Mr. Coffee is just putting out bitter-tasting brown water.  I guess it needs to be cleaned or replaced?  I am not sure.  Takes less effort to stop at starbucks.

Plus, I don't have time in the morning to blend a coffee Frappuccino® with a shot of espresso, before taking the baby to daycare.

It also doesn't hurt that the hispanic barista who vends my caffeine is cute as a button.

Vinegar. Srsly. Cycle it through once with vinegar and then five times with water.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Roo

Quote from: Kai on September 10, 2008, 05:37:17 PM
Quote from: Rev. Voodoo on September 09, 2008, 06:02:02 PM
I have been stopping there because my Mr. Coffee is just putting out bitter-tasting brown water.  I guess it needs to be cleaned or replaced?  I am not sure.  Takes less effort to stop at starbucks.

Plus, I don't have time in the morning to blend a coffee Frappuccino® with a shot of espresso, before taking the baby to daycare.

It also doesn't hurt that the hispanic barista who vends my caffeine is cute as a button.

Vinegar. Srsly. Cycle it through once with vinegar and then five times with water.
five times?
Sheesh. here I've been doing the white vinegar cycle followed by two cycles with water.
Which reminds me...I think it's about due for another.

LMNO

Well, if you don't mind a few pots of sour coffee, go right ahead.

Roo

hehe...I guess I put so much milk and sugar in my coffee that I never noticed. :lol: