News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Quantum Theory in 10 minutes

Started by Cain, September 10, 2008, 11:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Never before have I so thoroughly looked forward to a post count.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

nuclearcabbage

><><><><><><

Freeky

nuclearcabbage

hm....?

ok, so it was directed at me,

but...

eh?

(truly confussed)

><><><><><><

Cain

Don't worry, no-one pays any attention to Enki anyway.

nuclearcabbage

><><><><><><

nuclearcabbage

what do you mean by coming singularity?
><><><><><><

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

nuclearcabbage

><><><><><><

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LaughingOtter

You could try Robert Gilmore's Alice In Quantumland. That's about as easy as I've ever heard it explained.
Or you could try George Gamow's Mr. Tompkins In Paperback, which was the original attempt to explain how basic quantum theory worked in simple language. It also has a great drinking song going from the beginning to the end of creation in ten verses.
Beer and Pinball, Dammit!

ranacuaro

Quote from: Cain on September 10, 2008, 11:11:29 AM
If you are all going to insist on using Quantum Theory to back up your ill-concieved and fact-lite ideas about reality, lets actually make sure we all know what we are talking about first.

And I can think of worse ways to do that then with this guide http://scienceblogs.com/pontiff/2007/11/learn_quantum_theory_in_ten_mi.php
very interesting, good info