News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Quantum Theory in 10 minutes

Started by Cain, September 10, 2008, 11:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Hey, look who just got put into "ignore mode".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 06, 2011, 03:25:11 PM

I'd call poptard, but this guy seems smarter than poptard, even if he's just as socially retarded.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2011, 03:48:22 PM

I'd call poptard, but this guy seems smarter than poptard, even if he's just as socially retarded.

Reminds me of... oh shit, what was that guy's name? The one in Seattle? Oh yeah, DK.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on May 06, 2011, 03:50:23 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2011, 03:48:22 PM

Reminds me of... oh shit, what was that guy's name? The one in Seattle? Oh yeah, DK.

Well, so far, he hasn't actually advocated rape as a sacred right of the male, so I'm not willing to make a call yet.  Ch3mist is quite obviously a misogynist1, but DK was on a level all his own.

1 Over the top jokes are okay if they're funny, otherwise I just lump the joke-teller in with the actual knuckle-draggers, for simplicity's sake. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

I think it's a new one, but he can be expressed as a linear combination of a couple of previous ones.

Apparently, we've reached the point where our previous trolls form orthogonal bases that span Trollspace.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Luna

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 07, 2011, 01:07:37 AM
I think it's a new one, but he can be expressed as a linear combination of a couple of previous ones.

Apparently, we've reached the point where our previous trolls form orthogonal bases that span Trollspace.

There are only so many breeds of troll, I suppose...  And the brighter ones know better than to fuck around here, apparently.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

Either that, or we're experiencing troll emergence.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

GrannySmith

To bring this back to quantum mechanics, here's a nice video from sixtysymbols (great science youtube channel!) on the topic of quantum mechanics interpretations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZacggH9wB7Y
He's sort of complaining that the physicists don't agree, but in the procedure explains a bit what some of these interpretations are. I understood something from it i think, so maybe you like this too.
i wouldn't know which interpretation to choose to be honest, i know way too little about quantum theory, despite the course in quantum computation. it makes sense from a totally formalistic point of view but to apply it to reality.........!
  X  

hirley0

Quote from: GrannySmith on April 28, 2013, 09:39:36 AM
To bring this back to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZacggH9wB7Y

i did click Zac but it just told me to click here
to download. i do not want to dowload Flash.
i want to upload chat / not in the northern hemisphere though :

GrannySmith

Quote from: hirley0 on May 03, 2013, 01:39:28 AM
Quote from: GrannySmith on April 28, 2013, 09:39:36 AM
To bring this back to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZacggH9wB7Y

i did click Zac but it just told me to click here
to download. i do not want to dowload Flash.
i want to upload chat / not in the northern hemisphere though :

That's strange, it never asks me to download anything when i click to youtube links.... search "Quantum Mechanics (an embarrassment) - Sixty Symbols" on youtube? unless you don't have any flash at all, then i have no idea how you could watch youtube...

X  

Epic Programmer

Before I read this my only idea of quantum physics was shroedingers cat. This explains ir so much better!

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Epic Programmer on April 02, 2015, 01:46:02 PM
Before I read this my only idea of quantum physics was shroedingers cat. This explains ir so much better!
I know, right!?

Have you looked into the history of the schroedinger's cat story? It's not what you think!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Reginald Ret on April 02, 2015, 08:13:25 PM
I know, right!?

Have you looked into the history of the schroedinger's cat story? It's not what you think!

Lot of dead cats in that history.   :sad:

But to be fair, only half as many as there could have been.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Quote from: Reginald Ret on April 02, 2015, 08:13:25 PM
I know, right!?

That is the most clickbait-y way I've ever heard to break the horrible truth to people.

I love it.