News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Post your desktop

Started by Messier Undertree, September 14, 2008, 03:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Squid on July 24, 2009, 06:26:33 PM
that looks like the electric sheep screen saver thing
Good call! You can download the GUI software and explore the probability space visually, like the way Dawkins did evolving line-drawings. I had the idea to create posters out of them for a while, but that requires hacking together some code to output them in CMYK colour space (where black includes 60% magenta, etc), and I haven't gotten back to it.

Triple Zero

Fractal flames are awesome.

you should be able to do the CMYK conversion without hacking the code yourself, but with Photoshop or something. Or do you mean outputting /directly/ as CMYK? that might be harder. interesting idea though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Captain Utopia

Outputting directly as CMYK. A lot of those images contain faint tendrils in RGB colourspace (e.g. #000110), so you can't just transition smoothly from a rich black into that unless everything starts rich-black and the flame grows on top of that.. such that when converted into RGB colourspace the result stays the same. If that makes sense? I haven't really started on a printing/publishing learning curve yet so my terminology is probably more over the map than usual.

Haven't gone back to it in a few years - the later versions of flam3 might have it as standard now.

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

typ3

bblean with slickrun. /flexes muscles

Bu🤠ns

Chief Uwachiquen

I can't find my print screen button/command because I've never really used it on my macbook. So I instead just uploaded the picture that I used for my desktop.

Rumckle

It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Captain Utopia

Triple Zero

some really cheese Dutch plus Windmill winter picture, but it's a real photograph taken somewhere near here last week that I plucked from a twitter feed, and the colours are really smooth just as I like for my desktop:

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.