News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Cooking the Badges way: Just Fucking Wing It

Started by BADGE OF HONOR, September 18, 2008, 07:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

I substituted hubbard for pumpkin bread and it didn't taste the same at all, so I'm wary of making things like pumpkin pie that depend on the taste.  :\
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Richter on February 04, 2009, 01:26:46 AM
Squash it: (I had to.)  Steam / microwave in a dish w/ water.  Mash and add honey, nutmeg, cinnamon, etc.  Obvious idea, shoot me later.

Squash soup:  same rules as pumpkin soup apply.

Squash pie:  Same idea as pumpkin pie, or pumpkin chiffon pie.  Either way, add Drambuie, it makes ANY gourd based pie BETTER.

Also, if these are the crazy huge variety of squash I think they are, have FUN opening them.  Use the most ridiculously large physics applicator you have.

Well, he started out with seven, one was boiled/mashed and still mostly languishing in our fridges, one was given away, and five are lurking in his basement.  The really sad thing is neither of us actually likes the taste of squash that much.  So...
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Richter

It's a good occasional dish, but I can see it getting old.  It DOES freeze acceptably.

"Donate" one to a garden you don't like, highway median, golf course, etc.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

BADGE OF HONOR

I should give one to my boss.  She's vegan, she's obligated to like/know what to do with it.

BADGE OF HONOR

BADGE OF HONOR

Lemon chicken

(though I think I already posted on lemon chicken recipe?  I dunno.)

Ingredients
chicken
flour
salt
pepper
lemon juice
dried parsley flakes

Cut chicken into strips.  Season flour with salt, pepper, coat chicken.  Cook in olive oil.  When it's almost done, pour on lemon juice and parsley.  Turn pieces over, add more parsley.  It has to be dried, because it absorbs the lemon juice and tastes amazing!

BADGE OF HONOR

Toasted Avocado Things

2 avocados
1/3 red onion, sliced very thin
1-2 crushed garlic cloves
worcersteshire sauce
1 Tb fresh parsley, chopped
tomato
mozzarella

Saute the onion and garlic olive oil for like five minutes, til the onion is soft but not brown.  Splash on the worcestershire sauce. 
Cut the avocados lengthwise, remove pits.  In the pit hollows, place the parsley, onion, and a slice of tomato.  Top with thin slices of mozzarella.  Broil until the cheese is brown (2 minutes tops).  Eat immediately.

BADGE OF HONOR

I also made a squash-tomato gougere but, I don't know, the dough turned out really runny and it was not completely successful so I'm not posting the recipe til I get it right.

BADGE OF HONOR

Something I just remembered having like three years ago

plums
brown sugar
brandy
sour cream
vanilla
more brown sugar

Cut plums in half, dump pits.  Place in baking dish.  Fill hollows with brown sugar.  Drizzle with brandy.  Bake.  Serve with sour cream sweetened with brown sugar and vanilla.

BADGE OF HONOR

Dad's Granola

Writing this down so I don't forget it again.

10 cups rolled oats
~1/4 cup sesame seeds
1.5 cups soy flour
1.5 cups dehydrated milk
2 cups molasses/honey
2 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cup almonds
raisins

Mix all that shit together (except raisins), bake 40 minutes at 350.  Give her a good stir, add raisins.  Eat with yogurt for the fucking heartiest breakfast on the planet.

BADGE OF HONOR

I JUST MADE FRENCH TOAST WITH HOUR-OLD HOME MADE BREAD AND IT WAS THE FUCKING AWESOMEST FRENCH TOAST EVER MADE SO FUCK ALL YOU HATERS I ROCK HARDCORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE

LMNO

Richter

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on February 23, 2009, 09:03:13 AM
Dad's Granola

Writing this down so I don't forget it again.

10 cups rolled oats
~1/4 cup sesame seeds
1.5 cups soy flour
1.5 cups dehydrated milk
2 cups molasses/honey
2 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cup almonds
raisins

Mix all that shit together (except raisins), bake 40 minutes at 350.  Give her a good stir, add raisins.  Eat with yogurt for the fucking heartiest breakfast on the planet.

This sound Damn tasty.  I'm trying it for this weekend's outings.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 28, 2009, 09:54:47 PM
I JUST MADE FRENCH TOAST WITH HOUR-OLD HOME MADE BREAD AND IT WAS THE FUCKING AWESOMEST FRENCH TOAST EVER MADE SO FUCK ALL YOU HATERS I ROCK HARDCORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE

:popcorn::hi5::lulz:

BADGE OF HONOR