News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Cooking the Badges way: Just Fucking Wing It

Started by BADGE OF HONOR, September 18, 2008, 07:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

Awesome sauce

1 cup beef stock
juice of 1 lemon
3-4 fresh fennel fronds
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 stick butter
flour to thicken (~1/4 cup)
heavy cream

Heat the beef stock and lemon juice.  Add chopped fennel and garlic.  Mash butter and flour into a paste and stir into sauce.  Simmer until it's somewhat reduced, but still liquid.  When ready, add cream.  Works very well with pork.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on April 06, 2009, 02:57:50 AM
Awesome sauce

1 cup beef stock
juice of 1 lemon
3-4 fresh fennel fronds
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 stick butter
flour to thicken (~1/4 cup)
heavy cream

Heat the beef stock and lemon juice.  Add chopped fennel and garlic.  Mash butter and flour into a paste and stir into sauce.  Simmer until it's somewhat reduced, but still liquid.  When ready, add cream.  Works very well with pork.

Fuck this is some seriously good shit.  need to get some fennel growing in the back yard...
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

BADGE OF HONOR

LARGE CHUNKS OF DEAD COW

TAKE A CAST IRON SKILLET, HEAT THE FUCK OUT OF IT.  RUB DEAD COW WITH OLIVE OIL, SALT, PEPPER.  SEAR THE FUCK OUT OF IT 30 SECONDS A SIDE.  THROW IN HOT AS FUCK OVEN FOR 2-3 MINUTES A SIDE.  EAT.

Thurnez Isa

:lulz:

Im convinced

Badge needs a cooking show NOW
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Richter

Some guy did the same on PBS once.  If capslock is internet manifestation of animated presentation, then I'd rather watch the Badge method.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

BADGE OF HONOR

A good companion dish is making a pouch out of aluminum foil, throwing in various cut up root vegetables (potatoes, carrots, beets) with salt, pepper, and olive oil, and sticking it in the oven ~350 for like 30-40 minutes.  Then it won't take as long for your oven to get up to speed (hot as fuck = 450).

BADGE OF HONOR

Danske Lagkage

1/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch salt

1/2 pint whipping cream
1 cup or so red currants or other berries

Cream butter, sugar.  Add eggs, vanilla, milk.  Sift flour, baking powder, salt and add to liquids.  Pour in 3 9" pans, cook at ~350 for ~10 minutes.  Whip cream while waiting for cakes to cool.  Stack cakes in layers, with whipped cream and berries as filling.  Pile the rest on top.

bds

BADGE OF HONOR

Ghetto Peanut Sauce

garlic
fresh ginger
peanut butter
soy sauce
lemon/lime juice
sriracha
brown sugar

Mince garlic and ginger.  Saute in oil until brown.  Add a couple sloshes/glops of all the rest of the ingredients until it tastes right.  Add water if necessary.  Pour over something interesting.

Sepia

why would you throw it into a hot as fuck oven?
Everyone will always be too late

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: brennschluss on August 06, 2009, 12:09:57 AM
why would you throw it into a hot as fuck oven?

Some people (not me) prefer it to not be cold in the middle.

BADGE OF HONOR

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Holy fuck I missed this thread.

-Kel-

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on February 20, 2010, 10:04:06 AM
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Holy fuck I missed this thread.

Get back on it, your neighbors are starving!!

BADGE OF HONOR

THE BEST FUCKING POTATOES EVER MADE GOD BLESS THE GERMANS

3 potatoes
2 onions, chopped
bacon (idk how much)
1 pkg sauerkraut
1/2 cup or so dry white wine
sugar
pepper

Cut your bacon into little bits, fry them til they're crispy and delicious.  Set aside.  Fry your onions in the bacon grease.  Drain your sauerkraut, cook in wine for like ten minutes or something.  Add a little sugar, a little pepper.  Peel and chop potatoes into 1 inch or so chunks, boil them til they're mashable, mash.  Add everything else.  Try to pretend that this dish doesn't far outstrip everything else you made for dinner.  Shamelessly go for seconds cause fuck it this is awesome.

Triple Zero

Yes. This is the correct Sauerkrautmotorrad.

Some people like to add raisins (soaked in that wine) instead of sugar. Also, not very authentic-traditional, but very good regardless is tiny pineapple chunks. Not too much of either though.

Another variation is to mix some whole caraway seeds into the mash.

Btw in another thread I read somebody mentioned potatoes and vinegar as some kind of traditional German dish? I asked my gf and she never heard of it, now Germany is pretty big so that's entirely possible, which region of Germany would that come from?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.