News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

Cooking the Badges way: Just Fucking Wing It

Started by BADGE OF HONOR, September 18, 2008, 07:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

I have no idea, I just got that recipe from something called "The New German Cuisine".  But potatoes go with everything, so why not vinegar?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Triple Zero

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 07, 2010, 05:07:59 PMBut potatoes go with everything, so why not vinegar?

without anchovy-chocolate dressing?? I don't think so!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BADGE OF HONOR

Anchovy-chocolate?  That's just wrong.  WRONG.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Triple Zero

Not with a few good squirts of miracle-whip it isn't.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

BADGE OF HONOR

BEEF JERKY!

Get a cheap cut of whatever beef, top round is all right.  Try to find something not too fatty.  Stick in the freezer for half an hour or so, then cut it in as thin strips as possible.  Drop in the marinade of your choice (I did half worcestershire, half soy sauce, plus some cracked black pepper and sriracha and probably some other stuff that I can't remember), let marinate for like minimum 4 hours.  I let mine go overnight.  When you're ready, dry off the meat as much as possible with paper towels and spread it out on racks.  Set your oven as low as possible and leave the door open, let it go for a couple hours until your meat is dehydrated.   Yum.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Or a half-half mixture of miracle whip and toothpaste, if you want a low-fat variety.

BADGE OF HONOR

MOTHERFUCKING RUM SEXUAL CHOCOLATE MOUSSE

This is a great recipe for impressing the pants off people you want to have sex with.

2-4 Tb rum (a little goes a long way, flavor-wise)
1/4 cup sugar
4oz or so chocolate (semisweet is best)
2-3 Tb whipping cream
2 egg whites
2 cups whipped cream (roughly, 1 cup unwhipped cream)

Make a syrup out of the rum and sugar by combining them in a pan over as low heat as you can manage while still melting the sugar.  Melt chocolate however way you want, though I prefer a double boiler.  Add 2-3 Tb whipping cream to chocolate, then the rum syrup, set aside to cool (do not chill).  Beat egg whites stiffly, fold* into chocolate.  Whip cream, fold in.  Portion out into fancy cups, keep refrigerated for seduction purposes. 

*if you're retarded and don't know how to fold look it up on youtube cause it's important

BADGE OF HONOR

Foods with only four ingredients are kinda nice. 

Jasper

BADGE OF HONOR

Jasper

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 13, 2010, 10:31:15 PM
BEEF JERKY!

Get a cheap cut of whatever beef, top round is all right.  Try to find something not too fatty.  Stick in the freezer for half an hour or so, then cut it in as thin strips as possible.  Drop in the marinade of your choice (I did half worcestershire, half soy sauce, plus some cracked black pepper and sriracha and probably some other stuff that I can't remember), let marinate for like minimum 4 hours.  I let mine go overnight.  When you're ready, dry off the meat as much as possible with paper towels and spread it out on racks.  Set your oven as low as possible and leave the door open, let it go for a couple hours until your meat is dehydrated.   Yum.

Out of curiosity, dumb question maybe, but how much energy does it use to leave the oven on that long, even at a low temp. We had a cheap dehydrator that worked fine, but all the shitty ass racks broke. So we've been doing the oven method, but don't pay for heat or electric, so don't really care. But it would be good to know. Unless you're in the same boat and don't pay for gas/electric.

Also, we had just made a bunch of jerky before heading to SLC and had shredded a good amount to bring out to his dad. Manchester security pulled us over because apparently it looked like weed (even tho, what looks like delicious jerky, looks like some pretty awful). After patting us down and swabbing everything in my bag, damn jerky set off the alarm for explosives. I know, nitrates, etc....even though the seasoning we used was supposed to be nitrate free. Threw it all out. What a waste of good jerky :(
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

BADGE OF HONOR

I have no idea how much energy it uses, and to be honest I don't really care.  It's definitely cheaper than buying jerky from the store, though, since you're not paying for packaging/shipping/labor/markup.

Edit: cheaper in terms of energy cost.  Making plastic is a hell of a lot more costly than leaving your oven on the lowest setting for two hours.

BADGE OF HONOR

I have a whole mess of chicken thighs that I want to cook all at once, preferably in the oven.  Any thoughts?