News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

I have decided to write a sequel to the last Harry Potter book

Started by Cain, September 19, 2008, 09:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Its going to be called "Harry Potter and the Credit Crunch".

Plot synopsis:

15 years after the events of Deathly Hollows, Harry is doing well.  He has risen through the ranks of Gringotts banks to become CEO, having put in years of hard work and loyal service.

On becoming CEO, he undertakes a program of selling cheap loans to the less financially well off wizards and witches of Britain.  However, there is a problem.  In his irrational exuberance and willingless to help his fellow magic-user, he did not think through the consequences of his actions.  A downturn in the economy means many of these poorer wizards are now bankrupt, and unable to pay back what they owe.

And Harry has bigger problems.  Having introduced fraction reserve banking to the wizarding world, he now has more money owed to him than actually exists in the vaults.  What is Harry to do?  Not to mention that in the ensuing chaos, the bank board has elected Lucius Malfoy to lead their meetings.  With Ministry goons, the Malfoy's and angry investors on his trail, will Harry come out of this mess unscathed?  Find out...in Harry Potter and the Credit Crunch!

Payne

LMNO

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

they're only weird when they're in sync (which they're not right now)

umm anyway, sorry for jacking yr thread Cain, please carry on.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Dont worry too much, I wasnt really going anywhere with this idea, it was just snark, born of an exceedingly boring shift at work.

Jenne