News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

The hammer comes down

Started by Cain, September 22, 2008, 07:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7628144.stm

And the Shock Doctrine marches on.

More on this later, but this plan is a shit sandwich which you, the consumer, are going to ENJOY, regardless of how much it costs you or increases Treasury power.

the last yatto

i wonder how this factors in with bush's memo about being able to impound property from those who harm the nations foreign policy, add in not being able to vote if your in a foreclosed home. THis could get ugly
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Sir Squid Diddimus

What're yall talkin bout. Thuh funduhmintuls of arr economy arr STROUNG!
     \
:mullet:
         \
       ole white dude tolme so
~sniff, scratch, guzzle~

Iason Ouabache

When I hear a politician say "We need to pass this law as soon as possible" I reach for my gun.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Ari

This whole thing reeks of fish all the way across the Atlantic. It did so a couple of days ago, it does so now: and in a few months when the "details" are finally out it will become obvious who got rich(er) from this. :kingmeh:
パンクビッチ

Payne

We need more details as to what this plan actually involves. It's troubling if for only that.

Also did a quick look into Steney Hoyer, seems he has a history of making shady practice seem absolutely legitimate, even as the leader of the Democrats in the House of Representatives, I wonder why he appears so in favour of this plan.

Honey

"Of all the constraints on the new government, it was the market that proved most confining - and this, in a way, is the genius of un-fettered capitalism: it's self-enforcing.  Once countries have opened themselves up to the global market's temperamental moods, any departure from Chicago School orthodoxy is instantly punished by traders in New York & London who bet against the offending country's currency, causing a deeper crisis & the need for more loans, with more conditions attached.  Mandela acknowledged the trap in 1997, telling the ANC's national conference, "The very mobility of capital & the globalization of the capital & other markets, make it impossible for countries, for instance, to decide national economic policy without regard to the likely response of these markets."
-Naomi Klein, The Shock Doctrine, The Rise of Disaster Capitalism, from the Chapter Democracy Born in Chains, South Africa's Constricted Freedom

Peter Gabriel - Shock The Monkey!   :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oaSZxd9jOY
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

trillian

Darth Cupcake

WHAT THE FUCK

MY TAXES ARE NOT GOING TO BAIL OUT SOME COMPANIES OR SOME STUPID SHIT LIKE THAT

MY DOLLARS

MINE

I BARELY HAVE ANY AS IS. YOU FUCKERS CAN'T HAVE THEM.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

LMNO

TOO LATE!

PRIVATIZE THE GAINS; SOCIALIZE THE LOSSES!
   \
:mccain:

Suu

And people wonder why I'm so adamant on declaring bankruptcy before the year is out.

"ZOMG YUR GONNA LOSE ALL YUR CREDIT"

"It's in the shitter anyway and there ain't no credit left to lose!"

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Not only is 700 billion of your money going to Bush's mates on Wall Street, and selling you and your children into Chinese slavery for forever...there is so much more you could do with 700 billion.  Job creation, for example.  America's infrastructure needs to be fixed, right?  Sure, its not perfect, but people who are being employed are not taking money out of the Treasury, are spending it on goods, and are making the American economy more competitive.

This is Bush' big final fling, his golden goodbye to the companies who have profited from his leadership.  And it gives them a golden parachute for when the crash happens - and they'll buy up real estate and resources on the cheap.

Shock Doctrine, people.  The problem will be used to seize power and resources for private gain.  EVERY.  DAMN.  TIME.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Suu

In response to an email from Sallie Mae that I received earlier today:

Dear Vicki, or whomever this goes to on the "eteam" since there IS no such email VickiSmith@salliemae.com,

Thank you for your concern, and I'm sure that was just a lovely form email that you sent me, but if you really do truly wish to help me, then feel free to call me again this afternoon. I'm sick of dealing with Sallie Mae and their unprofessionalism when it comes to the maintenance of my educational loans.

For the past few weeks my cosigner and myself have been fighting with you folks to help us, and getting no where but bad attitudes, lies, people who are most definitely not native English speakers... I ask for a supervisor and I get hung up on, the same with my cosigner. So it has come to the point where we have both began to contact our congressmen and senators for our respective states of New York and Rhode Island to see that action is taken against your corporation and their unethical practices. In this economy, especially with the way our financial systems are collapsing, the last thing I need is to deal with companies that don't wish to help me when I'm in dire need of it.

I'm currently unemployed, and my bank account is severely overdrawn and will probably be closed because of it. Several of my credit cards have already been charged off, and at this point the only option I have is to file for bankruptcy to clear bad debts, and then I'll be able to gladly focus on paying off my student loans and saving money so that I can leave this collapsing country behind.

Please feel free to forward this email to any of your higher ups, I'm sure they'll be happy to read what one of their valued customers think of them, as I'm sure my opinion is not alone. By the way, is your CEO still using the money he's banking in interest to put toward purchasing a major league baseball team?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Reverend Kaousuu, Esq. Valued borrower, bitch, and pretend lawyer.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus