News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

CHANGE you can believe in

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, September 24, 2008, 05:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

ECH:  Imperial Presidency, for starters. 

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Felix on September 25, 2008, 04:17:51 AM
Quote from: LMNO on September 24, 2008, 08:44:44 PM
Oh, man.

I totally forgot.

Either line item veto, or no omnibus bills.

This.

And as for the replies to my post, it's more the nation I'd like to live in than a place America could ever be.

Edited to add:  But my stance on approval voting stands as a change America needs.

PROTIP: with the notable exception of Costa Rica, nations without a military tend not to exist for very long.

especially if they have nice things.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

Okayokay SOME military, but a reasonable amount.  None of this 600 Billion dollar a year multinational invasion force like we have now.

wade

Quote from: Jenne on September 25, 2008, 01:36:24 AM
Quote from: wgeorgew on September 25, 2008, 01:31:17 AM

voting reform.

I'd rather see people take an entire day or week to vote.

They would be voting for each issue rather then the black cock, white vagina, or old vietnam vet tortured POW.

Send everysingle mother fucking cock sucking eat shitting human a list of issues, each with multiple options and have those motherfucking cock sucking eat shitting humans choose what they want.

Then we put any slob who has the capacity to learn in charge to make sure the shit gets done, and if they fuck around, or get caught taking advantage of their privledged position of authority, WE KILL THOSE MOTEHR FUCKERS ANCIENT ROMAN STYLE.

I like the idea of educating people on what they should know before they vote.  It's why I chair legislation for my little PTA unit--I put out articles and flyers constantly.

Thing is--this is what I learned:

PEOPLE DON'T READ.

You can tell them over and over, but unless Survivor or American Idol proclaims it, it's a dead issue.
If it were up to me...
every citizen of 18.6 years and older would be required to take a quarterly exam, to prove they are civically aware/involved and if they fail, they lose their right to vote and their freedom of speach...
but
preferrably their right to eat....
I'd even have those people marked with STARS SO WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE. or something more technologically advanced.......

:evilmad:

But referring back to my first post in this thread, I'd like to think if that were the case, journalism and news TV in paticular would be a whole lot more interesting and valuable...   No more info on britney spears or the like...
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

Jasper

Quote from: wgeorgew on September 25, 2008, 05:16:00 AM
If it were up to me...
every citizen of 18.6 years and older would be required to take a quarterly exam, to prove they are civically aware/involved and if they fail, they lose their right to vote and their freedom of speach...
but
I'd even have those people marked with STARS SO WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE. or something more technologically advanced.......

Aren't you a patriot.  That's a bold and new approach that's never been tried.

Oh, except...  Sheesh, it's on the tip of my tongue.

wade

Quote from: Felix on September 25, 2008, 05:19:25 AM
If it were up to me...
but

instead of beating around the bush, why don't you skip around placing daisies in the barrells of automatic rifles?  :P
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

Jasper

Quote from: wgeorgew on September 25, 2008, 05:31:09 AM
If it were up to me...
but

instead of beating around the bush, why don't you skip around placing daisies in the barrells of automatic rifles?  :P

Because-

Bec-

Rrrr...  Aaaaage....

:mad:

Messier Undertree

If it were up to me...
but

Why would you do that to yourself, wade?

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Felix on September 25, 2008, 05:11:41 AM
Okayokay SOME military, but a reasonable amount.  None of this 600 Billion dollar a year multinational invasion force like we have now.

you understand, of course, that a reasonably-sized military for America would involve resuming the draft, given that we currently have about half as many people under arms as we actually need to insure our varied strategic interests.

I mean, you could always go live in a third-world hellhole or some european nanny-state, but assuming that you have grown accustomed to the lifestyle that you enjoy as a direct result of American global primacy (and I think alot of people have never really thought about what their life would be like if American global primacy ceased to be), you should probably find a different way to cut government spending. There are alot of ways that money could be recouped without throwing open the gates and allowing the barbarians free reign.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Vene

Quote from: wgeorgew on September 25, 2008, 05:16:00 AMIf it were up to me...
but

But referring back to my first post in this thread, I'd like to think if that were the case, journalism and news TV in paticular would be a whole lot more interesting and valuable...   No more info on britney spears or the like...

Play in traffic.  Please, do the rest of the world a favor and play in traffic.  Or just blow yourself up with a grenade, I don't care how you do it.

tyrannosaurus vex

American global supremacy and our standard of living are both unsustainable anyway. Either they will crash violently when reality catches up with us, or we will have the foresight to reorganize the way we do business and stave off a complete collapse. There is no eternal American supremacy, military or not.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

wade

Quote from: Felix on September 25, 2008, 05:36:43 AM
If it were up to me...
but

Because-

Bec-

Rrrr...  Aaaaage....

:lulz:

Vene...

Maybe my idea was fucked, but my intention was to reduce the effectiveness of the "evil fucks" from taking advantage of the "stupid fucks"  why should shit eating motehr fucker know nothings be allowed to have a say? 
That's like putting religous asshats in charge of all the scientists.  At least that's the way I see it.   Me so sorry if taking freedoms away from people who don't deserve it offends you.

REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

Vene

Jenne

Quote from: wgeorgew on September 25, 2008, 03:18:26 PM
Quote from: Felix on September 25, 2008, 05:36:43 AM
If it were up to me...
but

Because-

Bec-

Rrrr...  Aaaaage....

:lulz:

Vene...

Maybe my idea was fucked, but my intention was to reduce the effectiveness of the "evil fucks" from taking advantage of the "stupid fucks"  why should shit eating motehr fucker know nothings be allowed to have a say? 
That's like putting religous asshats in charge of all the scientists.  At least that's the way I see it.   Me so sorry if taking freedoms away from people who don't deserve it offends you.

But that's just it, wade.  You take freedoms away from someone else, and you become the very person you are eschewing...or fucking killing them/shooting/murderdeathkill whatever's on your soldier's mind atm.

Preservation of freedom is to be sought--not its further raping of the populace. 

Jenne

Quote from: vexati0n on September 25, 2008, 02:29:12 PM
American global supremacy and our standard of living are both unsustainable anyway. Either they will crash violently when reality catches up with us, or we will have the foresight to reorganize the way we do business and stave off a complete collapse. There is no eternal American supremacy, military or not.

I believe this too, I just have a hard time believing we are on a crash-course at the moment.  Yes, things look bad, yes, things have been getting progressively worse since the turn of the millenium...

But I still don't see us tanking completely and going underground.  Especially factoring in how many places we take WITH us should we do so.

I think there's going to be some sort of monumental growing up that has to be done, and soon...it's just a question of how we are going to do it and in which particular direction.  The particular pendulum swing this presidential election will probably give a clue.