News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

reserved parking gasm

Started by fomenter, September 24, 2008, 09:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

ever drive round and round a parking complex looking for a spot and the only ones you see are reserved? ( parking elitist bastards) a simple stencil with the word NO and a marker or paint and you can create a easy mind fuck.. for the more adventurous a full stencil and some time you can mark all the parking spots...

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Chairman Risus

You should fix the sign.

Either go with No Parking, or Reserved Parking.

fomenter

the point was to mess with the reserved parking spots, or all the spots by making them all "no reserved parking", there are plenty of no parking signs and plenty of reserved parking(i don't see a point in adding more), " no reserved parking violators will be towed" messes with the people who think the spot is reserved for them  or if you had the balls and the time to do every spot makes everyone wonder wtf does this sign mean (will i be towed?)...

it may need work if the idea doesn't jump out and make sense

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

BADGE OF HONOR

I don't think most people read signs that carefully.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

fomenter

"unread sign instructs no one" -- sounds Confucian

the corollary "unread confusing sign confuses no one "--great discordian wisdom

hmroogp

Jasper

Just leave a Danger: Falling Debris instead.  They won't know what to make of that.

fomenter

i get pissed off in parking garages (mostly medical buildings) where 20%+ of the spots (next to the door) on each floor are  reserved (and often empty)most of the rest of the spots are taken by employees  and the 1 or 2 spots left are taken by people with earlier appointments forcing you to search for a spot on the next floor...

where 20%+ of the spots (next to the door) on each floor are  reserved (and often empty)most of the rest of the spots are taken by employees  and the 1 or 2 spots left are taken by people with earlier appointments forcing you to search for a spot on the next floor...

leaving you parked in some far corner of the roof hurting or sick or just in a bad mood because you have to waste the next few hours in a doctors/dentists office

since the reserved parking signs are often spray painted on walls with a stencil they are easy targets for attack/frustration venting

better ideas welcomed

hmroogp

Jasper

Get yourself a REAL pet peeve.  Snipe innocents from a water tower because of it.

fomenter

parking lot rules may not be a worthy target . i am probably venting frustration by posting the first idea i had here.
tell me more of this sniping from water towers you speak of..

hmroogp

Jasper

Um, that's all there is to it.  Get super crazy angry and inflict yourself on the world.  It doesn't really bear explanation.

Cramulus

HOW DOES SHOOTING PEOPLE IN THE HEAD FUCK WITH THEIR MINDS??

Jasper

It'd sure make a mess of mine. :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like the sign alteration idea. Subtle enough that most people wouldn't read it, ensuring that the signs would not be corrected immediately, yet confusing enough that the few people who did read it would be completely mystified/amused/disturbed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."