News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Uh, guys? Why is the army deploying here?

Started by Jasper, September 27, 2008, 04:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Vene

Jenne

Golden Applesauce

Didn't the articles of confederation have something against a standing army?

Who's genius idea was it to drop that?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

fomenter

may be tl,dr  but if you are interested...

article 6 -Only the central government is allowed to conduct foreign relations and to declare war. No states may have navies or standing armies, or engage in war, without permission of Congress (although the state militias are encouraged).

QuoteArticle VI. No State, without the consent of the United States in Congress assembled, shall send any embassy to, or receive any embassy from, or enter into any conference, agreement, alliance or treaty with any King, Prince or State; nor shall any person holding any office of profit or trust under the United States, or any of them, accept any present, emolument, office or title of any kind whatever from any King, Prince or foreign State; nor shall the United States in Congress assembled, or any of them, grant any title of nobility.

No two or more States shall enter into any treaty, confederation or alliance whatever between them, without the consent of the United States in Congress assembled, specifying accurately the purposes for which the same is to be entered into, and how long it shall continue.

No State shall lay any imposts or duties, which may interfere with any stipulations in treaties, entered into by the United States in Congress assembled, with any King, Prince or State, in pursuance of any treaties already proposed by Congress, to the courts of France and Spain.

No vessel of war shall be kept up in time of peace by any State, except such number only, as shall be deemed necessary by the United States in Congress assembled, for the defense of such State, or its trade; nor shall any body of forces be kept up by any State in time of peace, except such number only, as in the judgement of the United States in Congress assembled, shall be deemed requisite to garrison the forts necessary for the defense of such State; but every State shall always keep up a well-regulated and disciplined militia, sufficiently armed and accoutered, and shall provide and constantly have ready for use, in public stores, a due number of filed pieces and tents, and a proper quantity of arms, ammunition and camp equipage.

No State shall engage in any war without the consent of the United States in Congress assembled, unless such State be actually invaded by enemies, or shall have received certain advice of a resolution being formed by some nation of Indians to invade such State, and the danger is so imminent as not to admit of a delay till the United States in Congress assembled can be consulted; nor shall any State grant commissions to any ships or vessels of war, nor letters of marque or reprisal, except it be after a declaration of war by the United States in Congress assembled, and then only against the Kingdom or State and the subjects thereof, against which war has been so declared, and under such regulations as shall be established by the United States in Congress assembled, unless such State be infested by pirates, in which case vessels of war may be fitted out for that occasion, and kept so long as the danger shall continue, or until the United States in Congress assembled shall determine otherwise.

The greatest fear that many Americans had at the time of the nation's founding was that a standing army would enable the federal government to establish and enforce tyranny over the American people. Thomas Jefferson, for example, noted in 1803 that "None but an armed nation can dispense with a standing army. To keep ours armed and disciplined, is therefore at all times important." He later commented that "...we cannot be defended but by making every citizen a soldier, as the Greeks and Romans who had no standing armies." He always assumed that standing armies were dangerous to liberty, and that it is necessary to find an alternative to them. James Madison, in arguing for ratification of the Constitution, repeatedly tried to assuage the people's fear of a standing army by claiming that the militia would make the permanent force unnecessary.

Others of that era argued that a standing army would be necessary to defend the nation from external attack, but that the presence of an armed populace would remove the danger of having such a force. Alexander Hamilton, in The Federalist No. 29, pointed out that it would not be right for "the great body of yeomanry and of the other classes of citizens to be under arms for the purpose of going through military exercises and evolutions, as often as might be necessary to acquire the degree of perfection which would entitle them to the character of a well regulated militia...Little more can reasonably be aimed at with respect to the people at large than to have them properly armed and equipped." He thus relied on the armed populace not so much for national defense as for a protection against the dangers of a standing army, which he regarded as a necessary institution.

3rd amendment to the constitution "    No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

fomenter

there may be other laws against the use of the army to preform the policing of the people that are more applicable ? (to this deployment)
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cain

QuoteUh, guys?  Why is the army deploying here?

TO PROTECT YOU, CITIZEN!
\

fomenter

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 16, 1878 after the end of Reconstruction. The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (the Army, Air Force, and State National Guard forces when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement police or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states, their counties and municipal divisions) in the former Confederate states.

The statute generally prohibits federal military personnel and units of the United States National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Coast Guard is exempt from the Posse Comitatus Act.

The Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act substantially limit the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement.
    Sec. 1385. - Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

following provision within Title 10 of the United States Code (which concerns generally the organization and regulation of the armed forces and Department of Defense):

10 U.S.C. § 375. Restriction on direct participation by military personnel

The Secretary of Defense shall prescribe such regulations as may be necessary to ensure that any activity (including the provision of any equipment or facility or the assignment or detail of any personnel) under this chapter does not include or permit direct participation by a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps in a search, seizure, arrest, or other similar activity unless participation in such activity by such member is otherwise authorized by law.

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Is anyone still in doubt that America is on its way to becoming a police state?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Are they preparing for some sort of uproar from society here?
Say... if they rig this election and everyone gets pissed and starts rioting?
Do they foresee something bad happening on our soil and they're not telling anyone?
Did they piss off Russia again?

So many questions

Cain

Actually, I think I heard something about it being to deal with pissed off rioters annoyed at being ripped off for $700 billion.

Just a rumour though, I believe.

Vene

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2008, 07:02:07 PM
QuoteUh, guys?  Why is the army deploying here?

TO PROTECT YOU, CITIZEN!
\

Needs Himeobs.

fomenter

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2008, 10:11:04 PM
Actually, I think I heard something about it being to deal with pissed off rioters annoyed at being ripped off for $700 billion.

Just a rumour though, I believe.

to force encourage the people to enter the reeducation camp slave labor camp patriotic citizens workforce enclosures during the coming depression time of economic opportunity

hmroogp

Verbal Mike

Coincides kinda scarily with this (got this in my email) :
QuoteI'm not such a big fan of conspiracy theories, but this is quite remarkable: hundreds of thousands of plastic coffins in the state of Georgia.

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=nl&geocode=&q=33%C2%B033%2757.36%22N+83%C2%B029%276.26%22W+&ie=UTF8&ll=33.565933,-83.485072&spn=0.003156,0.003374&t=h&z=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOhQq8NY6m4&feature=related

http://www.polyguardvaults.com/index.cfm?ID=20
http://www.polyguardvaults.com

source: http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig9/moore-s1.html
The additional control given to the government in the recent bailouts, will repeat what happened in the Great Depression. Instead of letting the free market set prices, the New Deal artificially set prices and interest rates, thus made the problem worse and it was still getting worse after 6 years into late 1930s. Such severe economic hardship (as in Weimer Germany) can give rise to fascist governments and a world war. With that in mind, could someone please give me a non-conspiracy reason for what FEMA could expect to use the 500,000 plastic coffins stored in a grass field near the Atlanta airport? Less than 49,000 deaths total in past 100 years have been attributed to natural disasters within U.S.A. mainland. The estimated death toll was 675,000 for the Spanish Flu in 1918 in U.S.A., but the world has experienced no such pandemic in past 90 years, so why the recent decision to purchase these 500,000 plastic coffins?
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.