News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

questions about discordianism

Started by Alethias, October 01, 2008, 01:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 01, 2008, 02:08:46 PM
please go stand by the sink?

well, more like "crouch by the sink."

I believe this particular technique is known, at least to HIMEOBS operatives as "Crouching Agent, Hidden Shit".

LMNO

Cain

Anyone above the rank of Adept (Level 3) in the Temple can petition to be inducted into the HIMEOBS mysteries.

Alethias

HIMEOBS sounds fun (starts fiddling with the mail order orbital missile control he got in the mail yesterday...)

Vene

Quote from: Cain on October 01, 2008, 02:20:31 PM
Anyone above the rank of Adept (Level 3) in the Temple can petition to be inducted into the HIMEOBS mysteries.
But don't forget, HIMEOBS doesn't exist.  If HIMEOBS did exist, then anyone above the rank of Adept in the Temple can be inducted into the mysteries.

Ale, you weren't an Objectivist, were you?  Or maybe you were a non-Randite atheist hanging around Randites.

Alethias

I studied Randian Objectivism a fair bit when I quit being a christian.  I wouldn't say I was an objectivist though.  I was never loyal to ayn rand.  I liked some of her basic philosophical constructs, but not so much some of her extrapolations.  How did she make the leap from Objectivism to supporting the republican party of Richard Nixon?  Personal Preference.  How did she make the leap from objectivism that Jazz Music is not rational and therefore none of her followers should enjoy Jazz? Personal Preference.  But she never acknowledged that personal preference influenced her philosophical choices.

I've considered myself a Naturalist and Secular Humanist for Most of the last 5 years.  It's still appealing in some ways to me.  But I mostly feel stuck and trapped in a limited mindframe by saying that's what I am.  I tend to not like the big government politics that the Secular Humanists Push, and that makes me unpopular.  I'm somewhat of an anarchist in my politics;  I pretty much hate all government.  If I had a choice I'd pretty much remove all government above the City or County level.  Secular Humanists freak when they hear me say things like that.  As do the Randian Objectivists.  I like the idea of protecting the environment, but individual freedom trumps that(not corporate freedom, individual freedom).  I dislike abortion, but hate laws that would take away personal sovereignty to protect a fetus. 

So I pretty much don't fit in any crowd I've been a part of before.

Payne

Quote from: Ale on October 01, 2008, 04:17:10 PM
I studied Randian Objectivism a fair bit when I quit being a christian.  I wouldn't say I was an objectivist though.  I was never loyal to ayn rand.  I liked some of her basic philosophical constructs, but not so much some of her extrapolations.  How did she make the leap from Objectivism to supporting the republican party of Richard Nixon?  Personal Preference.  How did she make the leap from objectivism that Jazz Music is not rational and therefore none of her followers should enjoy Jazz? Personal Preference.  But she never acknowledged that personal preference influenced her philosophical choices.

I've considered myself a Naturalist and Secular Humanist for Most of the last 5 years.  It's still appealing in some ways to me.  But I mostly feel stuck and trapped in a limited mindframe by saying that's what I am.  I tend to not like the big government politics that the Secular Humanists Push, and that makes me unpopular.  I'm somewhat of an anarchist in my politics;  I pretty much hate all government.  If I had a choice I'd pretty much remove all government above the City or County level.  Secular Humanists freak when they hear me say things like that.  As do the Randian Objectivists.  I like the idea of protecting the environment, but individual freedom trumps that(not corporate freedom, individual freedom).  I dislike abortion, but hate laws that would take away personal sovereignty to protect a fetus. 

So I pretty much don't fit in any crowd I've been a part of before.

:lulz:

I can see why you don't want to put yourself in any of those boxes. You aren't actually any of them.

~~~Payne: Likes jazz.

Vene

Quote from: Ale on October 01, 2008, 04:17:10 PMBut I mostly feel stuck and trapped in a limited mindframe by saying that's what I am.
Welcome to Discordianism.  And watch out for TGRR's mind rays.

Bu🤠ns

Vene

Quote from: burnstoupee flapjacks on October 01, 2008, 07:25:54 PM
and his golden showers
Shut yer mouth, he is a kind and benevolent god.

WOMP wouldn't lie to me.

Payne

Quote from: Vene on October 01, 2008, 07:38:22 PM
Quote from: burnstoupee flapjacks on October 01, 2008, 07:25:54 PM
and his golden showers
Shut yer mouth, he is a kind and benevolent god.

WOMP wouldn't lie to me.

In any case, Roger doesn't do Golden Showers. His urine consists almost entirely of grape juice.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.