News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Cutup Quotes

Started by Cramulus, October 01, 2008, 09:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Man is free at the instant he escapes from the deep to the shore, turns to the perilous waters and gazes.

-Voltaire / Dante

Love, which absolves no beloved one from loving, looked at the cracked high ceiling and really didn't know who I was for about fifteen strange seconds. I wasn't scared; I was just somebody else, some stranger, and my whole life was much like another, and the sea is always the same.

-Dante / Kerouac / Conrad

It is the stillest words that bring on the bullet. Between the eyes of every endangered panda, static comes on doves’ feet.

-Nietzsche / Palahniuk

My lord, be rul'd by me, be won at last;
we shall be free; the Almighty hath not built
The cruel father and his traitorous sons,
To whom I sued for my dear son's life;
Here for his envy, will not drive us hence:
Here we may reign secure, and in my choice
make them know, what 't is to let a queen
Kneel in the streets and beg for grace in vain. —
Take up this good old man, and cheer the heart
That dies in tempest of thy angry frown.
To reign is worth ambition though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

-Milton / Shakespeare
       (Titus Andronicus punishes Satan, Tamora tells off God)

http://en.wikiquote.org/ is an invaluable resource for making these. Try it out yourself, it's an interesting activity.

Cramulus

"What makes the desert beautiful," says the little prince, "is that I'm just going through a phase right now. Everybody goes through phases and all, don't they?"

--The Little Prince / Catcher in the Rye

This next part I don't remember so hot. All I know is I got up from the bed, like I was going down to the can or something, and I walked over to the TV set and turned it on to a dead channel-white noise at maximum decibels. Only, I missed. I didn't connect. This is what the whole hep world would be doing Saturday night if the Nazis had won the war. It probably hurt him a little bit, but not as much as I wanted. Not even the Sun God wants to watch. It probably would've hurt him a lot, but I did it with my right hand, and I can't make a good fist with that hand. Don't waste any time with cheap shucks and misdemeanors. Go straight for the jugular. Get right into felonies.

--Catcher in the Rye / Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I wonder if these are better if I don't give an attribution for the original quotes.

Jasper

This is basically genius. 

Quote from: Cramulus on October 02, 2008, 04:12:27 PM
I wonder if these are better if I don't give an attribution for the original quotes.

Either way, but at least attribute the more obscure ones.  I'm not so well-read I can spot any quote people will make.

Jasper

Allow the President to invade a neighboring nation whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to execute great vengeance upon thee with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Abe Lincoln, Ezekiel 25:17

Cramulus

:lulz: nice... that reminds me a lot of my brief romance with scratching--

In high school, my best friend bought these sweet turntables, and we spent the next solid week going through thrift stores looking for good vinyls. We particularly liked odd couplings of spoken word and music...

Our favorite pairing was a collection of very hopeful JFK speeches with the dark and gritty Fight Club sound track. another good one was old motown R&B coupled with newscasts talking about the Moon landing.

The mix of different, contrasting-but-congruent medias produces some really interesting stuff.

alas, I had no luck cutting up Simpson's quotes with shakespeare dialogue.

Jasper

I have brought you to the ring, now see if you can dance.
I have brought you to the ring. Dance if ye can.
Fresh new kicks, advance
You know you like that, and you know you wanna dance
So move, outta your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat

William Wallace/MC Hammer

Jasper

Quote from: Cramulus on October 02, 2008, 05:32:09 PM
Our favorite pairing was a collection of very hopeful JFK speeches with the dark and gritty Fight Club sound track.

This sounds awesome.

Jasper

Small cheer and great welcome makes a thousand bucks!? I can't afford that!

Simpsons/Shakespeare

Cramulus

Mr. Burns: Harry Potter. We meet again.

Bart: Voldemort?

Mr. Burns: Yes. You see what I've become? See what I must do to survive? Live off another, a mere parasite. Unicorn blood can sustain me, but it cannot give me a body of my own. But there is something that can. Something that, conviently enough, lies in your pocket.

[Bart attempts to escape.]

Mr. Burns: Stop him!

[Smithers blocks Bart by snapping his fingers, causing flames to block off every exit.]

Cramulus

Will Turner: The Black Pearl?

Jack Sparrow: Do you want to know what it is?

[Will Turner nods]

Jack Sparrow: The Black Pearl is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. The drink would not satisfy. Food turned to ash in our mouths. And all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Will Turner: What truth?

Jack Sparrow: That you are a slave, Will Turner. Like everyone else you were born into bondage.

Elizabeth Swann: You like pain? Try wearing a corset!

Jack Sparrow: Born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind. Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Black Pearl is. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. [opens hand, unveiling blue pill] You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. [opens hand, unveiling red pill] You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Remember: all I'm offering is wearing a corset. Nothing more.

[Will Turner takes the red pill after a few moments of thought, and washes it down with a mouthful of water from the glass next to him]

Jack Sparrow: Follow me.

Triple Zero

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr Anderson ..."
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

dontblameyoko

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 29, 2010, 10:26:19 PM
"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr Anderson ..."

HA!  that was awesome.  but then again, so is a lot of this thread.
BBBBP
PPBLL ~Ted Kennedy as a baby (http://beatonna.livejournal.com/116931.html)
"ty7h hg uh nmcx,m cv8t gygj jg" ~another baby

Triple Zero

(idea stolen from this track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdmOzA0i6UU it's right in the intro, and it really works :) )
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.