News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

VERB's thick winter soup of meaty tastiness

Started by Verbal Mike, October 01, 2008, 09:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

I made a soup that is actually really good.
I will try and recreate what I did to make it. I made a big-ass pot and I don't remember the quantities but it doesn't really matter all that much.

You will need:
-some hotdogs/sausages (I used one full pack of Bratwurst because that's the cheapest kind here)
-lots of black beans or kidney beans or something like that (I used three 450ml cans of cooked kidney beans)
-a couple of carrots
-a couple of potatoes
-4 small onions or 1-2 big ones (no such thing as too much onions, really)
-a couple cloves of garlic (I used 3)
-beef stock
-one vegetable soup bouillon cube

What you do:
chop up the onions, sautee in olive oil. while they are sauteeing, chop up yer sausages and toss them in with the onions. sautee those mutherfuckers all together until they look good. meanwhile peel and chop up the carrots and potatoes. when the onions and sausages are almost done sauteeing, add in the carrots and potatoes. sautee for a tiny bit. then pour the beans onto them, with most of the fluids if they are in a can full of fluids. then add some boiling water. peel the garlic and throw in those cloves whole.
pour in the beef stock, add water until you have the amount you want. add a bunch of salt and pepper.
let it all cook for a while. an hour or two is enough. the potatoes and carrots have to get real soft. then take one of those handheld blender-sticks (like the one that trip loves so much), insert it into the pot, past the layer of floating sausages, THEN turn on (so you get no splatter). puree the soup thusly for a while, until most of the beans have disintegrated.
add bouillon cube. stir. cook another half hour.
EAT

nom nom nom
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Darth Cupcake

This sounds good. I shall commence experimentation when I once again have a grocery budget.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Verbal Mike

I'm too health-consciousbohemian to eat cup ramen so this soup actually saved me a shit load of money... It cost me something like 6-7 Euro in ingredients and has fed me over 5 meals, and will still feed me one or two more. There's almost nothing that I cook that is that cheap per-meal, and I'm usually too lazy to cook something new so it's either soup or eating out (which is about 2.5eu minimum.)
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.