News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

CURRY

Started by Kai, October 02, 2008, 11:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

I made curry this evening. It was SPECTACULAR.

Ingredients:

Cumin seeds
half a vidalia onion
3 cloves of garlic
olive oil
chilli powder
coriander powder
tumeric
Cayenne pepper
orange juice
chick peas
carrots
lentils
sweet corn

Method:

I fried up a handful of cumin seeds in olive oil first till they were brown, then added chopped onion and minced garlic. When these were clear and browned respectively, I threw in the coriander, cayenne, chilli, and tumeric, mixed that well, then added in the peas, corn, lentils and carrots. To make the stock, I used orange juice, but you could probably use anything you wanted, you just need a base to cook the vegetables in. After a while I added more spices to taste. Tumeric if you want it thicker, cayenne and chilli if you want it "hotter", and coriander and tumeric if you want it more earthy. Added water several times when there wasn't enough to soften the lentils. When everything was a nice consistancy, I served it over some long grain brown rice.

I definitely plan on making this again soon.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jenne

Sounds very Indian and very yummy, Kai!

Jasper

We made curry tonight too.  Basically the same recipe, but with apples and steak.

Pretty good.

Kai

The best part is having leftovers today for lunch.  :)
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Darth Cupcake

Oshit Kai, that sounds awesome.

I love really richly flavorful things like this; I have got to try this as soon as I can afford to augment my spice collection!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

LMNO

Try the spice store next to Christina's Ice Cream in Inman sq.  Cheap, and really diverse.