News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Pirate Pass-Off: A Very Simple Game

Started by Cramulus, October 03, 2008, 07:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

(I forget from whence I lifted this idea.)

Very simple: Print out a few of these cards. Then get rid of them.

EDITED TO ADD: HERE ARE LINKS TO PDFS:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/17456504/Pirate-Pass-Off-Cards-Large-With-Ninja-Card
http://www.scribd.com/doc/17456465/Pirate-Pass-Off-for-Avery-Business-Cards

this game works best at conventions, concerts, club meetings, college campuses,
or anywhere people are gathered.

The fun thing about it is that the card will go through cliques very quickly - and then the players will have to find someone else who hasn't been fooled yet.

If you want, have people write their names on the back of the card when they get it, so you can keep a log of where it went.

You might also include "Please return to <your name here> at the end of the day".

Cramulus

then, once everybody's heard of PIRATE PASS OFF, throw this one in:

LMNO

I DEMAND A BIG, GAY COWBOY CARD.

THE OBJECT IS TO KEEP THE CARD, AND PUNCH ANYONE WHO GIVES YOU A PIRATE OR NINJA CARD.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Payne

Quote from: LMNO on October 03, 2008, 08:10:30 PM
I DEMAND A BIG, GAY COWBOY CARD.

THE OBJECT IS TO KEEP THE CARD, AND PUNCH ANYONE WHO GIVES YOU A PIRATE OR NINJA CARD.

:potd:

Cramulus

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Cramulus

eh, I'm giving these to strangers, I don't want to have to explain that I'm not homophobic.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Golden Applesauce

I remember some version of this at a con I went to.

Except there, they used a creepy 400 lb guy in a cat suit instead of cards.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Jasper

Cram, how did you get so good at making up really fun stuff?

Verbal Mike

OH MY GOD, THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER.
What program did you make these in? I will have to translate these into German, but absolutely have to do this game, SOON.

Also, is there any reason not to add "pirate/ninja quotes" that are memebombs? This game has the right qualities to give a good memebomb a piggyback ride.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Jasper

Quote from: VERB` on October 04, 2008, 01:49:58 AM
Also, is there any reason not to add "pirate/ninja quotes" that are memebombs? This game has the right qualities to give a good memebomb a piggyback ride.

This needs to happen. 

It doesn't even need to be themed memes, IMO.

Verbal Mike

I agree. Just put a memebomb in quotes, attribute it to Captain Somethingorother, and slap it on there. For extra effect, use a small set of related memebombs for your set of cards.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.