News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

A couple of quick mindfucks for the general use and enjoyment of the masses

Started by Harlequin, October 03, 2008, 08:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlequin

'Sup.

Just came up with these:

In Event Of Fire.pdf

Stay Smart.pdf

Hope that they're reasonable efforts - I plan to post them around my college next week.
After all, wasn't it Oscar Wilde who was arrested for sodomy? Sorry, I'm not quite sure why I said that...

Cramulus

Nice pdfs! some constructive comments --

The first one needs some typical imagery - a burning building, a fire hazard sign, a caution sign, something to anchor it to the idea of a "fire evacuation plan".

The second one needs some imagery or an action-oriented headline as well. As is, it's an impenetrable wall of text with nothing eye-catching.

Harlequin

Aye - I was thinking of adding imagery but wasn't sure what to put on the second one. As for the first, I wanted the text to be legible at a distance - but you're right, catchy images are needed. *dashes to Photoshop*
After all, wasn't it Oscar Wilde who was arrested for sodomy? Sorry, I'm not quite sure why I said that...

Cainad (dec.)

These are pretty good. The text is a bit "out there" but still somewhat credible, which is perfect IMO.

Golden Applesauce

The first one works without any imagery, I think.  Unless you got a bunch of those generic stick figure guys you see in safety signs huddling together or something.

The second one... neat idea, to much text.  Try cutting the top half to something more like a headline (leaving a lot of space blank) that makes people want to read the rest of it.  Even then, cut the actual text to something like 1/8 of how much you currently have.

ETA: I don't have any way to edit PDFs.  Wanna make a copy of the first one with www.nih.gov for us ameritards?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Harlequin

Ok, I've created a better version of the 'In Event of Fire' sign - not sure what kind of imagery would work best with the second though. I'll continue work.

As for creating Americanised copies, I'll do that tomorrow. :)

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Harlequin on October 06, 2008, 08:36:53 PM
Ok, I've created a better version of the 'In Event of Fire' sign - not sure what kind of imagery would work best with the second though. I'll continue work.

As for creating Americanised copies, I'll do that tomorrow. :)

NICE!

Only thing I have to say is that the bottom margin is a lot bigger than the top one - looks kind of off-centered.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.