News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Air to Water Dehumidifiers?

Started by Jasper, October 05, 2008, 08:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Kai on October 07, 2008, 04:34:12 AM
Quote from: Nigel on October 07, 2008, 04:18:31 AM
Quote from: Kai on October 06, 2008, 12:31:29 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 06, 2008, 05:39:23 AM
Quote from: Kai on October 06, 2008, 03:58:15 AM

Sorry. Not trying to one up you. Trying to find biological rational for consumptive habits in order to be healthy. My health, really.

Sorry for mother-henning. Seriously, though, if you are that close to malnourishment... do you at least take a multivitamin?

Yes. Every day.

Things are getting better but for a while there my options for food were very limited. It was like last summer all over again.

I am a compulsive food storer, and so is my housemate. You ever need a box of food, give a holla.

I think its largely fear of not having enough food that means I don't eat what I need. Calories are cheap and easy to come by. Healthy calories are more expensive and take more preparation. Thank you though, I'll keep that in mind. :) Right now I am okay.  I think.

Coolio

I went though an extensive period of poverty and malnutrition (yay TMI!) when I was a kid, and I think my compulsive storage of nutrition-rich food storage is related to that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

that, and the impending zombie apocalypse.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Kai

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 07, 2008, 01:38:17 PM
that, and the impending zombie apocalypse.

I keep a baseball bat by my bed for that purpose.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

East Coast Hustle

I just had a mental image of Kai as a scholarly long-haired Bruce Campbell.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dr Goofy

Jasper

Vene

Jasper

:retard:

Fantastico!

I'm seriously considering joining WOMP.

Dr Goofy

Triple Zero

Quote from: Felix on October 07, 2008, 09:55:16 PM
:retard:

Fantastico!

I'm seriously considering joining WOMP.

do it. just WOMP.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Rumckle

@ OP
I used to have one like that in my house. Also I remember hearing the US Army was looking at them for use in desert campaigns, not sure how true that is though.

I always wondered, seeing as though they say it is sustainable, and environmentally friendly, how it would effect rainfall if, say, a whole city were to use them?
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Jasper

Shit, I don't know.  Anyone here comfortable enough with meteorology to give some kind of statement on that?

Kai

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 07, 2008, 07:38:38 PM
I just had a mental image of Kai as a scholarly long-haired Bruce Campbell.

I haven't quite gotten around to grafting a chain saw to my arm just yet. Been talking with some bioengineers...
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Reginald Ret

find out the surface of the area where the rain falls(any large surface will do pick your own state or country), multiply it with say 60 mm (close enough to average rainfall/month) that gives you an estimate of the total amount of rainwater that falls out the sky. call this A.

multiply the amount of people using this device(100.000)  by the amount of water they will be using(5 litres daily= 150 litres/month) call this B.

pull an relevant percentage out of your hat (1%)

if B > 0.01xA then your city affects rainfall in the area.

lets do this for the netherlands
40.000 km2 = 4x1012 dm2
4x1012 dm2 x 0.6 dm = 2.4x1013 dm3 = 2.4x1013 litres/month = A

100.000 x 150 = 1.5x107 litres/month = B

B = 0.000001% of A so one city doing this has no effect at all.

I know nothing of meteorology but i wanted to sound smart.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Rumckle

That seems reasonable enough,
though B= 0.00001% of A
not that it really matters though
It's not trolling, it's just satire.