News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Aspects of Nature Stage Makeup Exercise

Started by RunsWithScissors, October 06, 2008, 07:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RunsWithScissors

Okay.  I have an asshole teacher for my Theatrical Artistry class.  He decided since it's October, we should do something "fun". 

Thus, Aspects of Nature:  an exercise in stage makeup.  Each student picks something from a ridiculous pimp-hat that he likes to wear to class sometimes, and then we have to come up with an upper-face mask for that thing.  We wear our creation to class, and then he's going to put us each along the outer wall of the room, and we are to close our eyes and walk towards the center of the room, and trade our subject with the first person we bump into.

The catch is that we had to include things that we would normally have in/around our house. 

I drew "Ice". 

Doesn't show up as well as I would like in the picture, but down the bridge of my nose, I used rock salt and it had a nice effect.  It reacts weird to spirit gum (there was foaming and lots of stinging and crying), so I actually ended up basically painting hair gel onto my face, and sticking the salt crystals to it with a pair of tweezers.

(Thank my mother-in-law for surprising me with a new digital camera last night.)

It will be a pain in the ass to keep this crap on my face for another 6 hours.  I should have waited till later.  :argh!: I still have to get dressed!
Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.  Then, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.

Cramulus

Quote from: RunsWithScissors on October 06, 2008, 07:50:31 PM
Okay.  I have an asshole teacher

ANAL?

QuoteHe decided since it's October, we should do something "fun". 

I like his reasoning!

*checks calendar, puts a hamster down his pants*

QuoteDoesn't show up as well as I would like in the picture, but down the bridge of my nose, I used rock salt and it had a nice effect.  It reacts weird to spirit gum (there was foaming and lots of stinging and crying), so I actually ended up basically painting hair gel onto my face, and sticking the salt crystals to it with a pair of tweezers.

That sucks. I imagine the persperation on your face may make it a big soggy over the next six hours. God forbid you get any in your eyes! I would have used styrofoam, but that won't have given it the same crystal effect as the rock salt. Looks good!

RunsWithScissors

Actually, I used a facial primer first.  Great for avoiding perspiration.  My main concern is that my nose itches like crazy right now, and scratching it would screw up the salt. 
Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.  Then, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.

Triple Zero

(Thank my mother-in-law for surprising me with a new digital camera last night.)

awesome! does it have a video function for your other project maybe? ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

RunsWithScissors

Quote from: triple zero on October 06, 2008, 10:09:27 PM

awesome! does it have a video function for your other project maybe? ;-)

It does.  Though, I'm still afraid that my taping the meeting would be to conspicuous.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A:  :fap:

B: I can't believe you are stuck with salt on your face ALL DAY!

B: You have to bump into classmates? Gross!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

RunsWithScissors

Meh.  I don't really enjoy this class.  I'm only taking it because it was there.  (also, I'm not really good at art-type-stuff)

I can't seem to find a major that I really enjoy, so I'm thinking of switching to Secondary Education.  I'd make a good high school English or History teacher.